ComfoBite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
Suckers, can hardly keep up. :wink:
Get with the program stroke

Oh my, maybe I should of put a winkie on the last post....

:icon10:

JeffG:
Oh my, maybe I should of put a winkie on the last post....

:icon10:

Yeah ... but then you'd end up in an argument over whether the correct placement of the winkie is before, or after, your reply ...

:eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Boogie711:
Not according to JJ. New directive from GUE - light cord goes over. Less likely to accidentally clip off your long hose that way.

And, though I've argued otherwise in the past, this makes the most sense....

Light cord under:
Advantages: No extra step during deployment of long hose
Disadvantages: Long hose cannot be deployed to OOG diver if someone forgets to move the cord over when clipping

Light cord over:
Advantages: Long hose cannot be trapped and can always be deployed
Disadvantages: One minor extra step to complete after the long hose has been deployed and the situation is calmed down.

So, weighing risk vs reward, the under method has the possibility of a dead buddy and the over method just has a minor extra step when donating....I'll take the minor extra step, thank you.

Man, I need to go diving.

NWGratefulDiver:
Yeah ... but then you'd end up in an argument over whether the correct placement of the winkie is before, or after, your reply ...

:eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Only with idiots, only with idiots... :eyebrow:
I'd never argue with Jeff. He's a Canadian and I'm used to his sense of humour. :wink:

WaterDawg:
Doc,
I see you did I search for Seacure, and DIR. That wasrnt my question. IM not trying to be dificult but thoses links are mostly about the moldable mouth pieces. NO one is talking about them here, forget you ever mentioned them.
I did find an explanation from MHK about the long mouth pieces, but again the comfobite is not.

I even found post by people saying they've done GUE classes w/ them and no prob. The only thing that relates to my question was a post by you saying that maybe you cant spread it apart, enough to put it against a divers mouth who is Ox toxing and has spit out his reg. Thats it 3 links for one post...from you. Im gonna have to say that if it indeed is NOT DIR, nothing was proven in those threads.

Hey guys,

Not sure if the issue is settled for some, but let me add these thoughts. This is a classic example of missing the forrest from the trees. I tell everyone of my students, in every class I teach, to ignore brand names and to focus on the concept(s) behind the issue. In the instant case, what is important isn't the brand name of the mouthpiece, what is important is; does that mouthpiece allow for proper fitting, as previously described in my earlier post. If the band name fits the necessity, then it's fine. If it precludes the diver from adequately preforming a rescue, in what is arguably the most problematic thing to happen underwater, then it doesn't fit within the DIR paradigm. All the rest of the discussion is superfalous. I can't say this enough, do NOT get caught up in the name game. What is important is does the particular piece of gear allow me to rescue a convulsing diver. Ideas like "bridges", or "custom fitting" generally speaking preclude the fit that you would want in a toxing diver scenario. However, that isn't to say that someone out there can't have a mouthpiece that is custom fit that will allow for a proper seal during the tox. That type of exception to the rule is more along the lines of spending way too much time trying to prove the exception, rather then focusing on what is important and applying common sense to the underlying reason behind the logic.

Hope that helps.

Regards

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom