Corrupt-a-Wish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Granted, the room you are in is rapidly filling with water and you are suddenly submerged. Yes, you are diving, but this isn't SCUBA... ...no tank, regs or anything and the airspace below the ceiling won't be there for much longer....

I wish my bag was like the Tardis - fitted everything I could possibly want to put in it and still complies with airline baggage restrictions....

Wish granted. You bag fits everything you could ever want. However airlines as we know them no longer exist and you are being transported to a planet with no water.

I wish I could sleep in a bit longer.

And find that you have missed the call for the first dive.

I wish that people were pure oxygen tolerant to say 200 feet (They aren't in reality.)

Granted now you must maintain all your gear as oxygen clean and fills cost $50 each.

I wish it was quitting time already.

Wish granted - after all I'm sure it's long past quiting time and probably even weekend.

Wish I didn't have an all day trip to get from Panama City to Santa Catalina for my Coiba dive trip

Granted your ferry blew an engine a week adrift and you are finally in Santa Catalina.

I wish we could work out the O2tox problems.

Granted. They sort out the O2 tox problems, but you still can get narced on O2. Also unfortunately some of your O2 gear wasn't cleaned so well... ...and boom! (Prince Harry's boom was pathetic - this was a real BOOM!)

Wish my diving today hadn't been cancelled! The humidity here is awful - being in the water would have been so much more enjoyable!

Last edited:
Granted: the dive (in fresh water) is on. But it had been cancelled for a good reason: there has been a big radioactive leak into the lake, causing a genetic mutation that made one of the lake's ducks grow to over 20 feet (6 meters) "hull length" (base of neck to base of tail), and the result was left there as an anti-underwater-intruder guard, and it up-ends and catches you and summarily swallows you equipment and all like an ordinary duck swallowing a frog, and one by one the rest of the group, and later tracelessly digests everything.

I wish that I knew why my diving weights are twice as heavy as lead for the size, and warm to the touch.

Granted you bought your weights from Crazy Abdul's bazaar they are made of Saddam's "lost" nuclear bomb cores. Your nuts fall off and not the fun way.

I wish I didn't have to pay the taxadermy bill after shooting the giant duck. But I had to get it mounted how else could I prove I actually shot a 20' duck rather then drank too much shine on the last duck hunt.

Granted: some men come and say they'll pay the bill: but when they are indoors with you they arrest you and the taxidermist and the specimen, and they are from the underwater security organization that was guarding the lake, and back at their base they tracelessly dispose of you in a more usual way, and traceless single and group scubadiver disappearances start and continue.

I wish that I had heeded local stories and kept right away from that lake in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom