Coz, Need Cheap Place to Stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its going to be the world famous Barracuda divers' hotel and beach resort. Anyone else going to be there August 16th for a week?

Another member of this board was kind enough to PM to let me know they are giving discounts off the rack rate.

Firefyter:
/snip

One thing that I would point out, however, is that he told us that they don't allow children to stay at Villas Las Anclas, so bear this in mind if anybody is thinking about staying there.

Thanks for this tidbit Firefyter, one buddy stays there because his nondiving wife and her sister come along on trip and they love staying there so are more ' in ' town than Caribe Blue. He had recommended it to another buddy of ours who was thinking of taking wife and kid down next trip. Guess he will have to look at another option. Of course, he could get a fake ID for kid and say they are a midget :)

I myself am sold on Caribe Blue, love the location and the staff took care of me well. Do you know if Caribe Blue has the same restriction on kids?

NadMat:
I myself am sold on Caribe Blue, love the location and the staff took care of me well. Do you know if Caribe Blue has the same restriction on kids?

Didn't appear to be any restrictions; saw several munchkins running around, playing in the pool, and having a blast.

One had Daddy lettin' him try scuba a bit in the area off the dive shop in a few shallow feet of water.

leadweight:
Its going to be the world famous Barracuda divers' hotel and beach resort. Anyone else going to be there August 16th for a week?

Another member of this board was kind enough to PM to let me know they are giving discounts off the rack rate.

Did they give you a rate already?

I have a guest that checked in there last week (walk-in without reservations) and it was $74 per night. He ended up checking out and moving to Casa Mex because the room was less than desirable. The new additions are nice but apparently they didn't do any "fixing up" to the rooms...for just a few dollars more (literally) he got a nice clean room with breakfast at Casa Mexicana.

Have fun!

Thanks sealskin, didn't see any kiddos when i was there, but that was mid december and just after wilma, and Caribe Blue was still finishing repairs and fairly empty.

No kiddos of my own yet, gotta find a woman who wants to put up with me regular first :wink:

but buddies have families, and find it easier to get away with a week long dive trip if they bring the wife and kiddos. :)

NadMat:
Thanks sealskin, didn't see any kiddos when i was there, but that was mid december and just after wilma, and Caribe Blue was still finishing repairs and fairly empty.

No kiddos of my own yet, gotta find a woman who wants to put up with me regular first :wink:

but buddies have families, and find it easier to get away with a week long dive trip if they bring the wife and kiddos. :)

I specialize in engagemnets and weddings Matt! :wink:

Christi:
I specialize in engagemnets and weddings Matt! :wink:

Still trying to get me to eat your magical muffins of matrimony, Christi? :D

But next trip to Coz' I do plan on trying to schedule a dive or two with you in addition to my daily diving with Blue Angel. I will just have rely on my personality, looks, lack of humor, and the fact that am absolutely clueless about women to keep me single :wink:

Seems to have worked so far :11: :)

NadMat:
Still trying to get me to eat your magical muffins of matrimony, Christi? :D

But next trip to Coz' I do plan on trying to schedule a dive or two with you in addition to my daily diving with Blue Angel. I will just have rely on my personality, looks, lack of humor, and the fact that am absolutely clueless about women to keep me single :wink:

Seems to have worked so far :11: :)

LOL! Well, I haven't met you so I can't comment on the other...but I'd say your sense of humor is pretty good :wink:

Christi:
LOL! Well, I haven't met you so I can't comment on the other...but I'd say your sense of humor is pretty good :wink:

I think so, but some g/f's have made it clear they thought differently :(

but I say, F' em if they don't like my jokes :)

Lookin' for that woman who wants me for what I am, not what she thinks I should be. In the meantime, I'll just have to keep trying 'em on for size :D

Back
Top Bottom