Cozumel photo theme..... Topside, lunch!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So where do you have lunch?

we are staying at SCC again, so here is lunchtime:
2010Apr_SCC_dining3.jpg

robin

One of my favorite things about Blue Angel is the FOOD! Aside from being an amazing place where they make you feel like family, the view and the food itself is hard to top!!

IMG_0777.jpg Not a bad way to enjoy a tropical breeze...

IMG_0554.jpg Hungry divers eat lots!
IMG_0556.jpg Green or red sauce it's all amazing!
IMG_0555.jpg Yumm!!
IMG_0804.jpg The King Kong of chile!! Best in the universe (IMHO)!!

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 70
View attachment 119036 The King Kong of chile!! Best in the universe (IMHO)!!

Agreed. Their chile rellenos are awesome. Margaritas are some of the best on the island as well.

Well, let see:
Sabores?

Coz 022012ip 002.jpg

Or La Hach? (that is a nice view!)
Coz 122011 019.jpg

Or La Perlita? (One needs to do their part for the reef and have some Lionfish!)

Coz 122011 046.jpg

Nice looking place, but check that Coconut lionfish. Not too sweet, just a touch of coconut sweet:

Coz 122011 049.jpg

Of course plain in a shishkabob was WONDERFUL too!

Coz 122011 050.jpg

Of course for a basic lunch decent lunch, just eat botanas at El Fish. Pay for the beer, eat for free.

Coz 122011 008.jpg

Add my wife (non diver) and me to the list of Blue Angel foodies. Great food at very fair prices, but several trips ago Pedro Pablo took me to one of his "special" places for lunch, and it was so good I insisted we go back again another day. This little hole in the wall place is straight back from what was the Sanddollar Dive Shop at the (now) Sabor.

IMG_9449.jpg

IMG_9452.jpg

From the questions my photos received we concluded that it didn't have an actual name & I don't know if it's still up & running, but if so I highly recommend it.

The famous tacos from El Camaron Dorado (transversal road)
DSCF0739.jpg

La Gitana, a cantina on Ave 65, serves great botanas. Here seafood soup and ceviche (followed by jugo de caracol and different tacos, not pictured)
DSCF0843.jpg

Cilantro soup for starter that day at Sabores (Ave 5)…
IMG_4712.jpg

… with chicken as a main dish. 60 pesos, totopos and agua de jamaica included.
IMG_4713.JPG

Churros on the plaza.
IMG_4806.jpg

More pics of people eating lionfish please! Will definately be trying them @ La Perlita in July!!!!!!!!

All the lunch I need.....:D

Attachments

• DSCF0543.jpg
    DSCF0543.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 258
Add my wife (non diver) and me to the list of Blue Angel foodies. Great food at very fair prices, but several trips ago Pedro Pablo took me to one of his "special" places for lunch, and it was so good I insisted we go back again another day. This little hole in the wall place is straight back from what was the Sanddollar Dive Shop at the (now) Sabor.
From the questions my photos received we concluded that it didn't have an actual name & I don't know if it's still up & running, but if so I highly recommend it.

It may or may not be the same place, but last month Tony and a few of his other divers were raving about the "best tortas on the island" that came from "the stand at Sanddollar"....I'd guess there's not more than one lunch place near there, and that it is still up and running.

We ate the coconut lionfish at La Perlita. Delicious. But what deep fried, battered white fish isn't? It would be interesting to try it grilled more plainly to experience the flakiness and taste that the Lion King and others are touting so extensively.

Back
Top Bottom