Curacao dive operator recommendation for a beginner and a newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have stayed at the Breezes 3 times, most recently in April of this year.
I would personally dive with the Dive Bus. It is about 25 yards from the Breezes hotel, but of course they will pick you up for your dive.

It’s not that I didn’t like Ocean Encounters (onsite at the hotel)- their people were friendly and helpful for our shore dives. However, the staff at the Dive Bus go the extra mile for you, and I’ve never seen a company so willing to ‘customize’ everything to suit you. And they only take 6 people – we were 3 divers, and no one else was added to our dive, it was great. Mark and Suzy are also a source of great information about where to snorkel etc.
When we were at Breezes they were still a Superclubs resort, and our price included one shore dive per day. It was a good dive, not as good viz as Klein Knip, but good none the less, and would be nice for snorkelling as well. You can also dive Car Pile, it’s maybe a 5 minute swim from the Ocean Encounters Dock.

We rented a car at Breezes, and if you have a choice, the Suzuki SX4 held 6 tanks in the trunk plus 3 dive bags easily, and handled beautifully. Way better than the Chevy Optra we had for the first day.

Snorkelling – our absolute favourite was Klein Knip. Beautiful beach framed by 2 cliffs. Lots of stuff to see, including some wreck timbers. It has no facilities. I think also Director’s Bay would make a great snorkel although we dove it.

My review of Breezes is here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/abc-islands/416819-back-curacao-review.html

The dive bus is nice but I have not used them in a few years. Last 2 years I have been using Curious2Dive. Hans is personable and only takes 2 or 4 divers on his adventures and has a spectacular sense of humor. CURious2DIVE

Hi Dom,
You might want to try Goby Divers for those seeking personal service or to find the hidden treasures – Shore Diving
With over 15 years of experience, Ima & Ậndhiela will pick you up and take you to the most beautiful dive spots on Curacao. PADI Dive Instructors. Free Pick Up!
Email Ima: Ima@Goby-Divers.com / Andhiela@Goby-Divers.com
Phone: 562-3984 / 662-2853

Staying in breezes, and have a car. We're in Curacao mainly to snorkel as much of the island as we can (not guided) but want to sneak off for a 2 tank dive or two.

Thanks,
Dom

Back
Top Bottom