Dacor Reg. people.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input so far guys. I will see what I can find out. Anyone have a service manual for these? The best I found was for a Dacor "Classic" from 2002. Is the Pacer functionally the same? I haven't torn anything apart yet, but it looks awfully similar.

I like the solid feel of these old regs... I think I could back over them with a truck and they would still work :)

Oh, and Garrobo, be sure to let us know first when you want to get rid of those parts kits, in case something goes wrong that we can't fix/fabricate ourselves :)

Even if they are not exactly alike, as long as the orifce type is the same- fixed vs adjustable- then the service procedure is the same.

Rather than using the diaphragm depressors, I usually just loosen the LP seat body and back it off a few turns for storage. This relaxes all of the parts and prevents the LP seat from taking a set.

Parts should be obtainable by begging and borrowing and a liitle luck. Improvisation works also, borrowing from other regs and you will also find that most O rings are off the shelf stuff from a hardware store.

Dacor stuff was never my favorite, you might be better off satisfying your urge for chrome with Conshelf regs and Scuba Pro 109/Mk V combos but if Dacors are your thing, have fun.

N

Last edited:
fyi, here is the link to the service manual that I mentioned in an earlier post.

www.frogkick.dk/manuals/dacor/DACOR%20USA%2002.pdf

That's a newer Volume Three. I have older paper Volumes One and Two, and a quite different, older Volume Three. I have occasionally scanned sections for folks here on ScubaBoard who PM me their email addresses (don't post it here) with specifics of what they need. I've already scanned the Pacer 900 first stage, so that's available now. <It's actually titled "PACER XL950, 950A, 950H and 900 FIRST STAGE" – dated 9/93)

My free-ware pdf maker is very slow and labor intensive, so if anyone is thinking about asking for the entire manual, save your keystrokes. I also don't react to those who have never posted on ScubaBoard, but PM me out of the blue.

Ok I went to the shop this afternoon and checked the diaphrams. Metal USD Conshelf and Aquarious and Kirby Morgan diaphrams will work nicely in Dacor Pacer metal second stages.

That's good to hear. You still able to get it serviced somewhere or do you do it yourself?

I take it to a shop. It's getting harder and harder to find a shop with the kits for it too. The last guy who serviced it said "Man, this is an old regulator; parts for these things are virtually non-existent." Then he went to the back of his shop and came out saying "Man, you must be the luckiest guy in the world; I had ONE."

I'm thinking I should spring for new regs next time. We'll see if the kits are still available.

When Dacor was purchased by Head Sports (owner of Mares) in 1999, they decided to destroy all of the molds for spare parts for the old regs. Mares felt that the cost of tooling for old repair parts was not feasible and just decided to make a new Dacor product line (which I think was a mistake). In any regard there are still some parts available and most "O-rings" are interchangeable. I had an old Dacor 800 in the 70's and loved it. I became a Dacor dealer in 1985, but dropped it in 1989.

I just found a diverite (2 7/8")diaphram that works for my pacers also but i don't have a part number for it.
I was also wondering about the dacor part numbers for o-rings.
part numbers listed in the service manuals for o-rings are listed like D161, D162, 9FS61, 9FS62 etc. etc.
I was wondering if anyone has a cross reference for the way o-rings are referred to now like the AS568B standard. such as 010, 011,116, 214 etc. etc.
thanks for any help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom