Day 1, without cigarettes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate all the encouragement, it's been 36 hours without a cigarette and so far so good. I believe this is the longest I've gone without a cigarette since 1991.

I have noticed that I seem to get a hunger stimulation around the time of my "normal" cigarette schedule, but I understand that smoking has an appetite susspression affect on some people, I must be one of them.

I also have noticed that I am starting to cough more frequently, then before. must be my lungs trying to clean out.

Penny - My wife was wondering if your offering or just passing on the info :eyebrow: ,but we will test your information real soon :baby:

dscheck:
Penny - My wife was wondering if your offering or just passing on the info :eyebrow: ,but we will test your information real soon :baby:

LOL, love that!!! Just an information agent. If she would like to discuss any specifics on technique have her PM me!!! :11ztongue

Pick up Allen Carr's "easyway to quit smoking". (book)

The lozenges will help, so will patches, but you are fighting a nicotine addiction, and sucking on nicotine is a mixed message for your brain.

The book is amazing. Worked for me - no weight gain, no suffering, and it was easier than I thought it would be.

How's the progress?

Well Penny,

It has been 8 days now and I am very confident, that this will be a permenant change in my life. I only used about 6 lozenges, out of the 72 I bought, so I guess I wasted about $40.00, oh well. I have discovered the subtle soothing effects of Altoids :thumb:

We have not been able to test your information :drooling:, as we keep finishing up another way, or it gets in her eyes :blink: That ruins all hopes of having an objective observation, you understand.

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it.

Glad to here your doing so well without the cigarettes!!!!! Never thought that Altoids would work that well.

There will be plenty of time to run my test. Plus you need to make sure you 'bleed the line' first. Now you do know about Altoids too, don't you?

You might want to share those with your wife too. :wink:

Good on you. I quit 18 months ago and feel great. I wish I could list it on my resume because it's a great accomplishment and I'm proud of it. I tried several times before I succeeded. Haven't had one puff in a year and a half.

A friend gave me a piece of advise that really helped: Don't let one weak moment break your entire resolve. If you happend to have a cigarette, it's not the end of the world. Just try not to have that second one. I used to think that one cigarette equalled total failure. Once I stopped thinking that way, everything suddenly became much easier. Less pressure.

Good luck.

I with you guys. I made a promise to myself, and have stopped smoking. Last cigarette was on the way out to my first dives in Sharm, Egypt. That was a fortnight ago.
I'm addicted to diving now, and figure if I ever smoke again I'll have to give up diving...therefore that in mind I'm not gonna start up smoking again.
Here's to a smoke free future to all, cheers!!!

You are correct. Diving as a smoker is totally dangerous. It may be easier to give up diving but, it's way better to give up those ciggies.

Good job so far. When you get close to lighting one up, brush your teeth and then take a hike. Exercise is always great anyhow.

DS how about an update?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom