Day 1, without cigarettes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank,

That has not yet happened to me, but I'm the type of person that very rarey remembers what I dreamed the night before.

I do find that talking about quitting and/or cigarettes is when the urge will conjure itself up, even if someone just asks me how it is going (with regards to quitting) if I just go about my day without the topic coming up I have no urges what-so-ever.

I think someone let the cat out of the bag to dlndavid...

dscheck:
Hank,

That has not yet happened to me, but I'm the type of person that very rarey remembers what I dreamed the night before.

I do find that talking about quitting and/or cigarettes is when the urge will conjure itself up, even if someone just asks me how it is going (with regards to quitting) if I just go about my day without the topic coming up I have no urges what-so-ever.

I think someone let the cat out of the bag to dlndavid...

The cat is out of the bag, spread the word.

dlndavid:
The cat is out of the bag, spread the word.

You are very sly my friend, and you make me smile

Thanks

Sounds like you're both doing well with all that fresh air!!! I'm so pleased I could burst!!! :)

I used something called "Endit" that I bought at Wallgreens. It looks like a cigarette and when you inhale it, it tastes like one. The only "catch" is that it is not a cigarette and has no tar, carcinogens, bad stuff, etc. It helps when a craving really hits. They come in menthol and regular depending on your preference. Hope this helps.

the last time I quit was april 16'th, Saturday morning, 3:30 am. I had a cig in the car on the way to the airport for our 1 week vacation to roatan/utila honduras. I made the whole week w/o smoking.

We arrived home two tuesdays later, I went back to work and routine and started smoking again. I've been cursing myself ever since.

I planned 4 days off after the forth this year to be my next attempt, but my company's relocating and our dept's losing a person so I had to reschedule my vacation days.

I'm still giving it a go. I didn't have any cigs yesterday. (I guess i cheated. last night I smoked some cig butts in my ash tray while watching a movie, but i didn't buy a pack!!!) I woke up and worked out and went swimming and grilled. today i'm working out and swimming and we're biking to the loop in chicago to watch the fire works. Today will be day 2. I think I'm good for today. The first 4 days are the hardest, but the first day is always the worst. I'm already feeling the comfort and confidence I had half way through our trip to honduras in april so it's goin okay so far.

smoking's the worst decision i've ever made. I've been smoking for 10 years, pack a day. I'll continue to try quitting until I do for good. i've been focusing on this summer and have made healthy changes in my life to encourage progress. Life w/o cigarettes will be amazing.

Best of luck to all of you. I know how hard it is to quit. I had quit 2 months before I decided to go for my scuba certifications. It wasnt easy but I'm glad I did.

dscheck:
Well Penny,

It has been 8 days now and I am very confident, that this will be a permenant change in my life. I only used about 6 lozenges, out of the 72 I bought, so I guess I wasted about $40.00, oh well. I have discovered the subtle soothing effects of Altoids :thumb:

We have not been able to test your information :drooling:, as we keep finishing up another way, or it gets in her eyes :blink: That ruins all hopes of having an objective observation, you understand.

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it.

When you get away from the Lozenges...start putting your former tobacco money in a jar...every day...pretty soon you have a FREE trip or NEW scuba gear :)

Hang tough...it will only get better :)

Paul in VT

good luck!!!!!!!!!! i quit for four years and some real tramma in my life sent me back to it (my weakness) now i have quit again and this time has been the hardest, but i will make it so stick to it we can do it, i know the hardship we face!!! good luck to you all of the way!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom