Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:
grassyknoll:
Well, this kinda fits in with the whole Bart-San Franscisco thing. Tell her your going to become a relationship DIR convert, from then on all you partners must have the same "ahem" equipment as you......
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Dear Dork Divers,

If I move this thread out of Basic Scuba and put it into Humor where it belongs (and some might argue that), will I be labeled an antiDDMOD?

(thread moved with re-direct left in Basic)

Dear Dive Dork.....

what is the correct thing to do when voting stars on threads??

dear Dork Divers:

as of late, i've noticed my snorkel is sagging and it won't stay up when i am at the surface.

any suggestions?

I'm a MOF kind of guy. Can I still be a Dork Diver?

Dear Dork Divers,

Thank you so much for setting me straight on my limitations in the bathtub vs the sink. I feel much more confident now. I do have some followup questions, however.

Should I get my snorkel filled only by responsible, certified dive centers? How long can I expect the air quality to last if I duct-tape the dry-valve shut? Should I carry a backup?

Sincerely,

Delta "SpareSnorkelAir" Wardog

grassyknoll:
Dear Dork Divers,

I dive with a Zeagle Ranger, and while close, it is no BPW. I have made several dives and am starting to get frustrated, when am I going to die! I am a busy man and don't have time to waste doing countless dives enjoying myself waiting for the inevitable to happen. Should I go back to my old wraparound BC to hasten my demise? How long does it usually take, what gives?

Sincerely,

3D (Dork Diver Disciple)

Just dive with what ever gear makes you happy! Don't worry, Its very difficult to die when having so much fun!

Dave
DDHF

diverdan214:
Dear Dork Divers,
There seems to be a common thread that people think DD's are against safety and DIR...I didn't think DD's were anti-anything so long as you're having fun doing it and not putting somebody else down? Was I wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

As other DD have said, we certainally not anti anything but bad manners and nea sayers! Just have a blast! And no, you are not at all wrong.

Dave
DDHF

Back
Top Bottom