DeepBlu Cosmiq....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got it from the webstore. First 2 dives were good. The 3rd dive after more than a month, sensor went haywire. Locked me out for the rest of the day.
Anybody know where I can have this checked in Manila, Philippines?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 178
I got it from the webstore. First 2 dives were good. The 3rd dive after more than a month, sensor went haywire. Locked me out for the rest of the day.

Not sure about getting it serviced locally to you, however, being that it is newly purchased, I don't see why you can't sent it back to DeepBlu. I would get in touch with their customer service and see what they can do.

Not sure about getting it serviced locally to you, however, being that it is newly purchased, I don't see why you can't sent it back to DeepBlu. I would get in touch with their customer service and see what they can do.
Thanks KG Diver, I initially wanted to just have it checked locally so I dont have to send it back (i am planning another dive next weekend). Anyway, DeepBlu CS already contacted me and now scheduling the return of the unit. I hope the repair or replacement doesnt take too long.

Also I guess what bothers me is that it was more conservative than the Zoop, which is very conservative to begin with.
From your initial post on this thread, you are a new diver who has not owned a dive computer. How can you say a Zoop is very conservative? Not through personal experience I am guessing. Perhaps by having read this said on Scubaboard. You know what, quite a lot of what is posted there, including in this very thread, is complete rubbish.

I would contact them on FB Messenger. They are very responsive and do their best to communicate.
That is about the best I can say. I have had the unit for a few months and frankly, I find it buggy and is the reason I have had a lot of communication with them.
I am seeing incremental improvement as they improve the firmware. The Android app came out late so that was also buggy.

Basic diving experience is ok. I do find the battery life kinda short and stand by time between dives is terrible. Meaning you have to charge night before dive trip. I have only done day dives with it so far. I would not trust it on multiple diving days on a live aboard and would charge every evening.

From your initial post on this thread, you are a new diver who has not owned a dive computer. How can you say a Zoop is very conservative? Not through personal experience I am guessing. Perhaps by having read this said on Scubaboard. You know what, quite a lot of what is posted there, including in this very thread, is complete rubbish.

Do you have to drive a Chevrolet Corvette and a Kia Soul to know that the Corvette is faster? Or can you learn that by reading some magazine reviews? What makes a Road & Track review with specs comparing different cars any more valid than a ScubaLabs review with specs comparing different dive computers?

Do you have to drive a Chevrolet Corvette and a Kia Soul to know that the Corvette is faster? Or can you learn that by reading some magazine reviews? What makes a Road & Track review with specs comparing different cars any more valid than a ScubaLabs review with specs comparing different dive computers?
If you drive in a city the two are equally slow. The car review is a work of fantasy too, it all depends on actual use.

Edit. Indeed the scuba labs review says"with the caveat that the data applies only for profiles and conditions like those in our test."

Interestingly the NDL time at the start of the 100ft dive is longer on the Zoop than on the shearwater. I don't know if they mention how the shearwater was set. Later the NDL times shown on the shearwater were longer than on the Zoop. Which is more conservative? They could all do all the dives. So really are they all they same?

NDL is a terrible indicator of how aggressive a computer is.

Last edited:

First of all, I would like to thank you for your time spent providing a valuable addition to this discussion and would like to offer my most sincere apologies that it did not measure up to your standard of a quality post.

Now, you are one hundred percent correct, I am a new diver in every possible respect; nor did I have a first-hand experience with a Zoop or any other dive computer at the time of my original post. That being said, what I did have was some free time and, given that English is my second language, a fairly decent ability to read, understand and retain most of what I read. It is because I am a new diver and have no first-hand experience that I spent quite a bit of time doing some research on potential choices for my first dive computer.

While doing my research I came across a plethora of reviews and feedback from users on this message board and others (Zoop has been around for a while). Those users, unlike me, did have first-hand knowledge of the Zoop as well as other dive computers and were able to draw comparisons between them. To my memory, not a single review I found referred to a Zoop as a liberal dive computer, while many spoke of its conservativism. Could I have missed an odd review claiming that the Zoop is the most liberal-perfect-for-all dive computer? Sure, but I can only speak to my experience/knowledge. My lack of personal experience with a particular device is not going to change the facts.

In the end, whether or not I ever get to actually use one, the Zoop IS on the conservative end of the spectrum for dive computers. The only reason it mattered to me was because with a liberal computer, such as my current Veo 3.0, conservation factor can be adjusted to be more conservative. However, to my knowledge a Zoop cannot be adjusted to be more liberal.

At the end of the day I did my research, made my decision, and bought a Veo 3.0.

While doing my research I came across a plethora of reviews and feedback from users on this message board and others (Zoop has been around for a while). Those users, unlike me, did have first-hand knowledge of the Zoop as well as other dive computers and were able to draw comparisons between them. To my memory, not a single review I found referred to a Zoop as a liberal dive computer, while many spoke of its conservativism. Could I have missed an odd review claiming that the Zoop is the most liberal-perfect-for-all dive computer? Sure, but I can only speak to my experience/knowledge. My lack of personal experience with a particular device is not going to change the facts.

Are you sure those reviews and feedback were by people who have dived them or people who have read on SB how conservative they are?

I dive a shearwater petrel and a Suunto helo2, if open circuit I dive the helo2 and a Zoop. Mostly my buddies have Suuntos. Sometimes I am limited by what the petrel says. It all depends on the dive, the mixes, and how stuff is setup.

The group think on SB is anti Suunto. That annoys me as they seem to make perfectly good stuff that works. On the other hand some of the darlings of SB are not quite as cool as made out.

Are you sure those reviews and feedback were by people who have dived them or people who have read on SB how conservative they are?

Quick quote from a post I was just reading here a couple of minutes ago.

You did the correct thing in clearing your computer.

NDL is the result of a bunch of computer models and approximations. Your Sunnto is probably one of the most conservative computers that exist. I currently have a ZOOP as my backup and a more recently purchased Scubapro computer. On two dives two days ago. On dive 1 to 85 feet and most of the time at 60-70 ft the computers were about the same. Did a 53 minute total dive time. Slow assent, safety stop, and a 55 minute SI. On dive two to the same depths they started to differ. Toward the end of the second dive the scubapro had well over 10 minutes of NDL and the ZOOP was about out of NDL. Plenty of air. Made the decision to dive the SP. Started up the anchor with the scubapro showing a few minutes of NDL still left and the ZOOP showing 10 minutes of mandatory deco. Did a slow assent and when I got to 20ft the scubapro was showing 90 minute of NDL and the ZOOP was still requiring 10 minutes of deco. Did my safety stop and since my buddy still needed a couple more minutes I did some of the ZOOPS. Since I was not diving again for 24 hours anyway and I know my SP is not an aggressive computer I did not bother to clear the ZOOP. We were last ones up and the boat was waiting. This was on 30%.

Personally I like having a conservative computer like the ZOOP and a moderate computer. They give me more information especially on a second dive. I usually clear both but I find it helpful on the second dive to get more information.

Back
Top Bottom