Devil's Throat Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pm3009:
Diving with my girlfriend.

I could be wrong, but I think he meant what dive operation. :) BTW when are you going to be in Coz? I'm going to be in Coz July 10-17.

DiverG:
I could be wrong, but I think he meant what dive operation. :) BTW when are you going to be in Coz? I'm going to be in Coz July 10-17.
Yes sweetie, I gathered that. I meant what dive operation. ;-) Good Viz, George

Boosted:
Is Devil's Throat a "special" dive of some sort? I told Dive House that I was interested in going they said that it is a little further away and they need to have at least 4 advanced divers interested in going...however since their boats are already full, the majority of the boat would have to want to go...does this make sense?
Obviously I know that it is an advanced dive, but they made it sound like it isn't a location that is visited regulary
dove with dive paradise a couple of weeks ago,on one of their fast boats. no problem going to Devil's Throat.just as long as everyone was up for it. not my favorite dive thou. i liked the bricks a lot better.

clockradio:
dove with dive paradise a couple of weeks ago,on one of their fast boats. no problem going to Devil's Throat.just as long as everyone was up for it. not my favorite dive thou. i liked the bricks a lot better.
I agree, lot's of better sites to dive than the Throat. I like all of Palancar, Columbia, and Punta Tuniche. Good Viz, George

pm3009:
I agree, not much to look at that deep, but it's a fun to do one dive like that out of a weeks worth of dives.

There are lots to see down deep. We were doing shoot dives in Grand Caymans north wall that started at 150 and came out on the wall around 280.

It was very pretty down there looking at the black coral strands, giant barrel sponges, and crystal clear blue water.

But, good idea about not taking your friend if you felt she was not ready.

Curt Bowen:
There are lots to see down deep. We were doing shoot dives in Grand Caymans north wall that started at 150 and came out on the wall around 280.

It was very pretty down there looking at the black coral strands, giant barrel sponges, and crystal clear blue water.

But, good idea about not taking your friend if you felt she was not ready.
That sounds like a lot of fun Curt, but don't forget that theses young ladies are novice divers. They don't know the first thing about doing that sort of diving. They might learn in the future, but for now, let's let them have fun within their diving limitations. Yes I agree for those of us who have those type of certifications deep diving can be fun. However I personnally like to be down as long as I can within my computers limitations. After all, isn't that what it's all about, Bottom time ? How long are you able to stay down that deep Curt ?

You can also see Black Coral @ 90 Ft. in Puerto Rico, tons of it at the Black Wall. Dove there this past April. La Parguera has some great reefs. That's the south west coast. Anyway, see y'all, just my 2 cents. Good Viz, George

Scuba-Rican:
That sounds like a lot of fun Curt, but don't forget that theses young ladies are novice divers. They don't know the first thing about doing that sort of diving. They might learn in the future, but for now, let's let them have fun within their diving limitations. Yes I agree for those of us who have those type of certifications deep diving can be fun. However I personnally like to be down as long as I can within my computers limitations. After all, isn't that what it's all about, Bottom time ? How long are you able to stay down that deep Curt ?

You can also see Black Coral @ 90 Ft. in Puerto Rico, tons of it at the Black Wall. Dove there this past April. La Parguera has some great reefs. That's the south west coast. Anyway, see y'all, just my 2 cents. Good Viz, George

Thats what is so nice about the cayman wall, I can spend the whole dive someplace on the reef no matter how deep I dive. I other words the normal dive is around 120-145 minutes and all is conducted someplace nice even if your decompression is over 90 minutes.

Longshot I know, but does anyone have the video mentioned in this post? It sounds like a heckuva ride and something everyone who drift dives in areas like Devil's Throat should watch. If someone can send it to me I will post a link for download. Thanks

Dive Safely,
Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom