difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is not to say that all women must wear a ladies suit.

Every now and then we hear of ladies (here on SB) who simply are not curvaceous. For them a womans cut represents extra space that equates to poor fit, water volume and reduced insulation.

In the early days of ladies wetsuits when material was not as stretchy and men were the designers the cut of the suits was often the designers fantasy. Many ladies resorted to mens suits since they could not hope to fill out the ladies versions.

Pete

The stretch material has helped a great deal with the female suits or should I say lack of them. I still say that women do far, far better in equipment that is designed for them. It's not only wetsuits but BCD's. Women are simply built different.ly We've come a long way, but not nearly far enough. Not all women will need that extra room, but for the women that do....well, it's a God send. I don't like my breasst being smashed...I get enough of that when I have a mammogram!!!!

Carolyn

Men's wetsuits are designed for going diving.

Women's wetsuits are to keep them dry whilst they're washing dishes.

Hope this helps. :eyebrow:

audission:
Men's wetsuits are designed for going diving.

Women's wetsuits are to keep them dry whilst they're washing dishes.

Hope this helps. :eyebrow:

OH SNAP!!!

Step away slowly... very slowly... DANGER... DANGER...

I'm out of here, hope I can clear the blast zone before the NUKE goes off!

mike

I participated in an article several years ago about women's wetsuits and the problems that they have had to encounter. Mainly the article was a series of stories that were told to me by women scuba divers. Here are my two favorite.

A woman calls me crying. She had just come from her LDS. She was looking for a wetsuit. She was a size 14, which by the way,, is the most common size for women today. She was told that women who are a size 14 or larger no longer have curves to their bodies.....therefore, this LDS owner felt that they belonged in a guys suit.

Second story. Lady calls me. She had just come from her LDS. They had tried unsuccesfully to squeeze her into a wetsuit. The wetsuit was so tight in her chest that she had difficulty breathing. She was told not to worry.....her boobs would deflate when she descended.

Hard to believe, yes. I could go on and on with stories that have been told to me. Bottom line, ladies.....you need a suit that is designed for you....not a guy. Not only will you feel better in your suit, you will look better!!!
Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom