Dilemma about LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ideally, LDS's who operate in a very diver freindly manner would run the other predatory LDS's out of business. In that regard there is real benefit to cultivating relationships with LDS owners (and especally with hard pressed LDS owners) and selling them on the benefits of doing business in a more collaborative manner with local divers, not because it is the right thing to do, but because it is good business.

Most LDSs don't see it this way.

Unfortunate too, but there 'ya have it.... they see every aspect of their "bizness" as a way to take more and give less, and feel that they're owed it all.

Heh, you can get away with that in a tourist-heavy area. But you don't do so well with the locals... especially once they start organizing and doing things between themselves!

Genesis once bubbled...

Most LDSs don't see it this way.

Unfortunate too, but there 'ya have it.... they see every aspect of their "bizness" as a way to take more and give less, and feel that they're owed it all.

Where are you getting this from? You make me laugh.

Heh, you can get away with that in a tourist-heavy area. But you don't do so well with the locals... especially once they start organizing and doing things between themselves!

Are you even paying attention? DA Aquamaster lives in South Dakota! I don't think many people go South Dakota to dive.

and that dive shop there has figured it out.

Down here, it don't work that way.

Genesis once bubbled...
and that dive shop there has figured it out.

Down here, it don't work that way.

....just about every tourist destination I dive in gives locals a substantial discount over the tourists coming in.....I know this because it's generally what they give crew as well....since we're there every week they give us the "local" price.

TTSkipper - I think it works like it does in every other industry.....don't just consider the value of the individual purchase, consider the total package and the service at the shop. I'm thrilled with the shop I bought my gear from....they worked with me on the price, but more importantly, they're still working with me over a year and a half later to assist me with different issues (needed to send my BC back to get the velcro re-sewn...the dive shop gave me their UPS account info so I could ship them the BC from another part of the country...so they can take care of everything for me....service like this is worth paying $10 more when purchasing gear).

My .02

Peace,
Cathie

Holy highjacking Lads!

TTSkipper,
I have that same reg. The price you're getting may be reasonable, but I know it still ain't cheap. If your LDS has what you want, I'd encourage you to buy from them as long as that price remains reasonable.

HOwever, if you want that Halcyon BP and they don't sell it, I don't think you should feel guilty about going elsewhere. They're getting some good business on that reg alone.

Back
Top Bottom