Dir?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to stumble over there one day...just for pics like that...ya never know when you're going to need a little ammunition

SeaJay once bubbled...
Okay, so Cave Diver isn't MHK. I didn't think so... That really blew my mind. :)

When you said Mike is Cave Diver, I thought you meant a guy that dives in caves, i.e. cave diver. Words are funny.

He's still an accountant, that's for certain, and apparently doing the demos.

So, OP, get thee to a demo.

Thanks Cave Diver for pointing me to this thread. Let me try to clear up some of the confusion. While I have written my fair share of articles respecting DIR I was NOT the author of that well-written piece. Now knowing it exists I may very well "borrow" a few lines from it ;-).. Seriously, nice work Cave Diver..

I do however do my fair share of traveling for DIR Demo's and teaching GUE classes. What we have been incorportaing recently has been when I go to a city for a class, I'll also try to provide an extra day for a DIR Demo.. As some have said the DIR Demo's are usually more informative and a more relaxed atmosphere that exists on some of the net forums, and what I've found more often then not is that most that posture over the net are usually impressed when it is demonstrated first hand..

I am an accountant for a living. I'm a partner in a Beverly Hills Business Management firm. Our firm specializes in handling the financial affairs for the entertainment industry. Yes, we have high profile clients, but please don't ask who as I've made a practice of declining to disclose client names out of respect for their privacy..

Please let me know if I can help any further or answer any other questions..

Later

MHK once bubbled...
Thanks Cave Diver for pointing me to this thread. Let me try to clear up some of the confusion. While I have written my fair share of articles respecting DIR I was NOT teh author of that well-written piece. Now knowing it exists I may very well "borrow" a few lines from it ;-).. Seriously, nice work Cave Diver..

Thanks for the compliment Mike.

Feel free to borrow any or all of it as you see fit. I think we both have the same goal, which is to help educate those who are interested about a better way of doing things.

Since I'm not an instructor and can't take the hands on approach that you do, the next best thing for me to do was to let them know there are options so they can research it for themselves.

MHK once bubbled...

I am an accountant for a living. I'm a partner in a Beverly Hills Business Management firm.

And you said the students should treat the instructor on that cayman trip.....shame on you...I know better now....I thought you were a struggling SCUBA instructor...:wink:

Too bad she flunked
I am hereby volunteering to help her get all of her equipment squared away....send her over to the midwest, and she will fin plenty of helping hands.

JustAddWater once bubbled...
SeaJay,
I checked out the LCScuba.com link that is post script on your threads. Is that a dive club that you belong to? Great pictures.
JAW

Thanks.

It's a dive club that I started. RavenC and I are the founders.

That said, we've had less than stellar experiences pulling people together to go diving. Typically, what that means is that she and I do a ton of work to ensure that everyone else goes diving, and then only half of them show, leaving us to hold the bag. Those who do show seem to be catastrophies in the water waiting to happen, and we typically spend most of our time helping them, rather than just going diving.

It's gotten so bad that I think we're gonna just close the doors and dive only with a few select individuals.

The original idea was to bring people together so that we could all share the expenses of a charter. That's had little results; instead it seems that all we have had is more work and even liability on our hands!

...So I don't know how much longer I'm gonna even keep the website up. We've got RavenC's boat in the shop now (looks like I'll be covering the repairs) and we're planning on diving basically alone - or maybe with a select few.

The pictures: Some of them are ours, but most of the print-quality stuff was donated. Look for credits under the pictures. Those that have no credits are ours.

Thanks for the compliment, though, on the site. It's a shame to see it go to waste.

Holy smokes, Mike! Looks like ya got your hands full!

I had to do a double-take at her face... She's built almost identically to RavenC! I mean, I looked and thought, "Raven??" Weird!

MHK once bubbled...

I am an accountant for a living. I'm a partner in a Beverly Hills Business Management firm. Our firm specializes in handling the financial affairs for the entertainment industry.

Pfffttt!! I didn't know that! You said you were a financial planner... You didn't hint that your job was so interesting! :)

I used to do the same thing when I would tell people, "I build websites." :D

Now I know who to contact when I've got too much money. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom