Dive Agencies PADI, SSI, SDI, NAUI, YMCA, ACUC, CMAS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI:
I know sad isn't it. It;s a systemic problem
It may take a agency of dedicated people to grow big enough to force this change. GUE has the right idea but still something is missing. Something that will grab the attention of the industry, the entire industry. Something that will force a change in the way the world learns to dive (we know where I borrowed that phrase from) We need a revolution

Hold that thought and stay tuned.

LOL we don't need to change the way the world learnes to dive. We just have to fix the definition of diving.

MikeFerrara:
The staff is tougher. Since my DM's are PADI DM's I really don't have a staff after this week I guess. It's hard to dictate what volunteers do at home. They all can swim and did well with the stamina and watermenship skills in their training and can manage their equipment but as far as ensuring the maintenance of those levels it's a weak spot.

I would love to dive the west coast. It just isn't the easiest or cheapest place to get to though.

I'm finally dry after a lovely night of diving with the squid. No Seal bombs but it was fun nonetheless. Seal lions, soupfin sharks , and octopi. All the usual suspects.

Mike,

Come to California. Book some spot to the Channels. Bring a class. I'll find you good DM's that will be glad to get in the water with you. You'll have staff if you need it. Hell, I might even DM for you. That would be a treat to say the least. The beach diving thing is even on the table.

Enjoy your time off.

BTW, thanks for the debate. You still need more empirical evidence but nice work anyway.

Lobster pot is calling a few new friends. Happy New Year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom