Dive computer question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess the way I dive may be more conservative than most, but it is what works for me. The only thing I don't have a backup for is the single tank, first stage, and fins.

My gear configuration is:

SS BP/W

HID light (part of my weighting system) and 2 back up lights on my shoulder straps
Vytec AI, SPG, and Citizen Aqualand (attached to my inflator hose)

Lift bag

Reel

Compass

Spare mask (when diving dry otherwise I don't have a pocket for it)

Quarrior:
Are we giving advice to someone that has as much experience as you or even I do, or someone that has minimal experience?
Hopefully to someone with some common sense, whether or not they have done 10 dives or thousands of dives.

The original poster is going to Bonaire. Bonaire has lots of shallow shore diving sites where a computer failure is pretty much a non-issue.

The original poster will probably even survive without an HID light, 2 backup lights, and a spare mask. :)

Another option is to use Nitrox and set your computer to Nitrox. If your computer should fail then use your air computer and dive air.

Back
Top Bottom