Dive tomorrow!!!! Plz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breakwater didn't look so good this morning, so we called our dive. It was probably diveable (though we heard 3-4' vis), but after watching two (presumably) OW students get dragged out of the surf zone and a dog almost drown (requiring rescue), we decided the water probably wasn't the place to be.

Breakfast was tasty. :)
Sounds like you learned from other peoples mistakes. Doubles and rough entries are not fun and even dangerous.

Since it is a really long drive for me to Monterey (6 hours behind the wheel round trip + gas $$/hotel $$), I only go when the conditions are optimal. If a dive does get scrubbed and it is a nice day, Lobos is always a great place to hike :cool2:

I'm glad to hear it cleared up in the afternoon, and you guys got a dive in. The morning conditions plus a few bad omens on the surface kept us out. We will take revenge on the ocean as soon as possible... :D

What's the saying?

It's better to be topside wishing you were diving. Than to be diving wishing you were topside.

Sounds like you made a good call :)!

Sounds like you learned from other peoples mistakes. Doubles and rough entries are not fun and even dangerous.

Since it is a really long drive for me to Monterey (6 hours behind the wheel round trip + gas $$/hotel $$), I only go when the conditions are optimal. If a dive does get scrubbed and it is a nice day, Lobos is always a great place to hike :cool2:

LOL! Peter, you must've seen me lugging my doubles and DPV out of the surf last August! I resemble(d) that statement. :rofl3:

That was one of the most brutal shore dives, I've ever done up there in Monterey. I guess hindsight being what it is, even after the drive out from Phoenix, we probably should've scrubbed it. Never again, lesson learned here! :D

Dang, so if I come from Sacramento to dive how will I know if I will get there and not even be able to dive. that would suck if I already went and got air fills and all that.

There's a reason why the north coast Search and Rescue guys call it the "Sacramento Syndrome" when those from your neighborhood drive out here and dive in conditions that cause us locals go back home.

Isn't that what the cruise control does? Mine must be broken because it keeps veering off before I can get to the back seat for a nap... :)

(you Sac guys could carpool ya know)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom