Dive tomorrow!!!! Plz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a reason why the north coast Search and Rescue guys call it the "Sacramento Syndrome" when those from your neighborhood drive out here and dive in conditions that cause us locals go back home.
Yup, and they perform many rescues with a few body recoveries to prove it. We have scrubbed lots of dives on the North Coast and in Monterey. *Shrugs* I thought that part of diving was sometimes hanging out with friends at the beach, talking about diving, instead of doing it?

Yup, and they perform many rescues with a few body recoveries to prove it. We have scrubbed lots of dives on the North Coast and in Monterey. *Shrugs* I thought that part of diving was sometimes hanging out with friends at the beach, talking about diving, instead of doing it?

Having seen a few OW classes go out when all the regulars were going "no way" it isn't like they are being shown a good example right away.

Having seen a few OW classes go out when all the regulars were going "no way" it isn't like they are being shown a good example right away.

I think the OW instructors suffer from Sacramento syndrome just as much as anyone else.

Like these conditions when instructors had their students out? Both photos were taken less than a minute apart. Watching the beach for a few minutes showed just how bad it really was. Our dive team had canceled our dives, and it was a class weekend for us. The instructor let us decide but said he might override our decision. Since he didn't override us we must have made the right decision by his standards.
72904d1267514900-weekend-diving-plans-26-27-feb-10-breakwater-when-surf-out.jpg

Who wants to get slammed into the stair case railing? We watched a student do just that earlier in the day.
72905d1267514905-weekend-diving-plans-26-27-feb-10-breakwater-surf.jpg

Wow, amazing the difference. I like this site because it is very educating. I will remember that sacramento syndrome statement and not go diving when I shouldn't be. When I do go driving there in a few months will any of you be around to show me around and have the experienced eye to say go/no go?

I'd come diving with you, but I'm not a good person to help with site assessment. I've learned that my risk tolerance for surf conditions is a little more aggressive than most of my local buddies.

They really do need to hurry up and commercialize the autonomous vehicles so the trip would suck less (and be a bit safer)

autonomous vehicles would be cool, but I'm holding out for a transporter. Get geared up in the comfort of my home and then "Beam me up Scotty!" right to the dive site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom