Diving gear in Canada is really expensive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joni Mitchell...rock...seriously!
I won't describe her as rock musican and personally still prefer her earlier contribution. But nevertheless, she was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.

The rock and roll hall of fame is a joke. People in there who were not rock and roll. They should just rename it to the pop and bubble gum music hall of fame.

We're a bunch of old farts......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prices here in Japan are a scam; the US manufacturers just take the same product and double or triple the price. $1000+ for any BC or reg, and the only tanks available to buy are from Aqualung (wtf?) who charges $1070 for an AL80. MSRP on double 100s is $3000.

Way cheaper to buy from a US website and pay international shipping and customs.

I have some 8 inch stainless steel bands new sitting in my closet gathering dust ill sell for $75

Expensive in Canada because of the "Canadian politeness tax".

(Niceness doesn't grow on trees like Maple Syrup)

See the Amazon ad's headline? It ended with the word 'tanks'.

You're welcome.

BTW- How much is $1315.67 CDN in real money :wink: ?

(See? I was dating a Quebecois because after the conversion rate she was 37 years old and weighed 110 pounds. This stuff can work to your advantage)

Prices here in Japan are a scam....

There is an economics and marketing lesson that explains a part of this. There is/was a lot of discretionary spending money lining the pockets of target age market divers in Japan. (They sure weren't spending it on homes or parking spaces for cars... or cars), so the recreational sector went on a feeding frenzy. Travel, lodging, associated gear... went through the roof.

My lesson: So there I was, skiing in Whistler (Canada) in April. It's raining (at the bottom, as usual, anyway). I go into a ski shop looking for end-of-season bargains- and see a used mono-ski priced at $1.99 short of MSRP Full Retail. As the owner of the shop explained to me, "All I gotta do is beat Tokyo pricing by $10". (Even the Trail Marker signs were subscripted in Japanese)

When you start competing as a buyer against others with money to burn, the prices tend to get stupid.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom