Do Not Know What To Do...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man that guy must be desprate! Or he would not ask someone who only has 20 dives under his belt. That just said... No offense--I'm sure your a fine diver---But I would laugh at a diver that said to me "I have 20 whole dives and I think I am ready to be a dive master." Wow--- Maybe he want to prime you into being a dive master... When I started my training as a dive master it took me about a year and a half. But that was a different time. Maybe he just wants what we call a SCUBA GROUPY or Scuba Rat---Someone who helps out around the shop and on the boat without pay?

Thats all I can think of... At any rate I think it's a good sign that you are recognizing that you are being pushed outside your comfort zone! Keep diving with this guy, get all you can out of him---he seems like he cares---but dont start that program yet!

any questions please feel free to PM me.

SSI states that a diver wishing to go on to Rescue must have at least 50 dives...But being a rescue diver even with 5 specialties dose not make you a dive master--Master diver (whatever that means), but not a dive master...

I think he may even be out of RSTC (Recreational Scuba Training Counciltandards) standards--not sure but I can look it up when I get home.

JPBECK:
Maybe he just wants what we call a SCUBA GROUPY or Scuba Rat---Someone who helps out around the shop and on the boat without pay?QUOTE]

I must admit that I was thinking exactly the same thing even if I cannot be 100% sure...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom