• Rarely

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Always

Votes: 38 20.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca:
Yes... there is also a perceived need for the pocket. The pocket doesn't just have a spare mask... there's also some emergency/utility items...
like beer.

Every dive, clipped to line in right bellows pocket.

I've used it once when the slap strap on my primary decided to give up.

Can I dive without one? Sure. Do I want to? Not particularly. I dive to see stuff, not to remember what my vision was like before I got lasik :wink:

Cheekymonkey:
you can glue pockets to wetsuits too

s'what I use.

awap:
I've experimented with using swim googles for backup when solo diving. They work OK for reading guages but your choices are limited to ascend or stop. I guess you could remove them if you had to descend. They are easier to store than a full mask.
I would think it'd be very difficult to clear swim goggles. I don't have anyplace to store a backup mask on my BC, so what to do with it? Maybe put it around the lower end of your tank and secure it somehow with a bungie or some method where you can easily grab it?

JeffG:
like beer.

Clipped off to the bungie right? If not you are so gonna die Jeff.

:)

ps... and be thirsty :D

Paco try the XShorts... that way you have pockets and you can ebay them later if they don't work out...

Paco II:
Is there a type of glue I should use, or avoid using?
Put the pocket on the suit and trace it's outline with chalk.
Clean the back of the pocket and the area you marked on the suit with Cotol.
Brush Aquaseal over the areas cleaned with Cotol, and after letting them set up for the recommended amount of time, stick the pocket to the suit and clamp it.
I usually use a phone book and some dive weights as a "clamp".

I also keep my mask in the right bellows pocket that I glued onto my suit. I have a pocket on the left too... for other stuff.

JeffG:
like beer.

I keep my beer in my DSS hydration bladder :)

60013_IMAGE_LARGE.jpg

Without my mask i cant read my gauges. Therefore its not safe.
Therefore i always carry a backup in my drysuit pocket.

Back
Top Bottom