Doubt on wrist computers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear my Stinger as my only watch while on dive trips. In between trips, I find a conventional watch is easier when you only need to tell time.

That having been said, I took my Citizen Hyper Aqualand to Kosovo, just to sctoll through its dives, and remind me on occasion what I'm missing.

I wear my stinger everyday,I think its a great computer and I don't see anything wrong with having one for everyday use. Besides it keeps me from throwing it in with my gear or maybe losing it or damaging it. I did have the Nemo for a few weeks and got rid of it. I couldn't read the display very easily underwater,the numbers were to thin and I have pretty good eyesight.

I have never had any problems reading my Stinger u/w either. Should be the same with the Mosquito too - very easy to read display & doesn't cover your entire forearm. If you're gonna be doing rec. diving, the Mosquito is a very good choice.

If you have achieved a certain degree of seniority, the Mosquito can be a very frustrating device to read. But it is a nice size for a watch.

PerroneFord:
Strahd,

You've asked for a racing car that can also haul 2 weeks groceries. Yes, computers exist that can be worn daily as watches. But they make some significant compromises in order to do so.

xactly, My air integrated Aeris Atmos Elite is a kind of big thing that lives in its case when its not diving, its way too expensive to wear day to day. You can buy a $US5 watch or just ask someone what time it is:)

PerroneFord:
Strahd,

You've asked for a racing car that can also haul 2 weeks groceries. Yes, computers exist that can be worn daily as watches. But they make some significant compromises in order to do so. Not the least of which is screen real estate.

Size is a compromise. And arising out of that you need to press buttons to scroll through some screens. What other SIGNIFICANT compromises are made? I ask this out of genuine need to know as I have an Atom 1.0 and am concerned that there might be significant compromises that I am not aware of.

ramsabi:
Size is a compromise. And arising out of that you need to press buttons to scroll through some screens. What other SIGNIFICANT compromises are made? I ask this out of genuine need to know as I have an Atom 1.0 and am concerned that there might be significant compromises that I am not aware of.

To *me*, the two biggest compromises are the small screen size, and the inability to secure the computer with a double strap. I was very concerned about losing my computer off my wrist so I purchased one that I could get a mount for that had two straps. I lost a nice watch that way and was NOT interested in losing a computer the same way.

If you are looking for something that both looks good as an everyday watch and is a full function Nitrox computer try the Citizen Cyber Aqualand NX.

Not too bad to read underwater and has all the bells and whistles.

Just keep in mind battery lif eif you intend to wear this every day. I agree with most here... buy a dive watch for diving and get the best you can. If it is a dive watch you are after then that is a different thing. If you want people to know you are a diver get a sticker for $.45 @ your local store.

luft:
I just purchased a Suunto Stinger. Does everything I want plus it looks great!

Love my Stinger! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom