Easiest way to put on a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I thought I was bad putting mine on backwards!
Nah, that's common. "Oh, you gonna wear it with the zipper in front today?" After a long dry spell, my home bud did that and tried to zip it, perplexed at it fitting so poorly. Actually had to tell him.

I've found using warm water on thicker wetsuits in the NW has helped. However, as much as I'd love to sell you a bunch of products, the truth is that I've always been one to just grab the suit and yank it on. Grin and bear it!

The other trick I know of is to dive so often the suit never gets a chance to dry! (I miss my tropical dive-bum days...)

Skin, makes life much easier for pulling on a wetsuit especially when it is wet.

lisajade:
Skin, makes life much easier for pulling on a wetsuit especially when it is wet.
:confused: Dive skin, not your skin - right?

Yeah, I like being on a boat at sea with other people in lycra skin suits & rubber.

I ordered my wetsuit with Zippered ankles and wrists. Goes on like butter but the Lycra I got (from walmart :) ) makes it Greased on and greased off.

I once suggested the soapy water method to a friend of mine who has several aquariums at home. She goes to great lengths to keep soap away from the tanks cuz it can be harmful to the fish. She was leary of using soap to pull a wetsuit on because it might be bad for fish there, as well. I imagine that since the ocean is a pretty big place it wouldn't really do much, but it's an interesting point. What do you all think?

Ken

evad:
Start with it inside out and "roll it on.

That would be the "prophylactic method". It's highly effective, it's free and you can't run off and leave it at home.

Sounds like A Lot of people need to buy bigger wetsuits. They shouldn't be that hard to get on/off.

plwtwo:
Sounds like A Lot of people need to buy bigger wetsuits. They shouldn't be that hard to get on/off.

Yeah ...funny seeing this, since I never seem to have any trouble squeezing into mine...and once it's on it's tight as a...never mind:no

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom