Essential dive library

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C'mon - where is "Night Probe", "Vixen 03", "Raise the Titanic" et al.??

No diving library could be complete without the adventures of Dirk ( currently trying to be emulated by Mike Fletcher on that "Shipwreck Hunters" show...)

For more fun, try some of Robert F. Marx's books - his "Always Another Adventure" will speak to the fish in all of us.

D.S.D.

FYI - Somebody has another Listmania list on Amazon that has all of Clive's books in order. I put SeaHunters and SeaHunters II on my wreck diving list.

Thanks for the reminder,
Grier

Thanks for the list Grier, this will help me build my paltry beginning of a scuba library. I would offer up "Diving Physiology in Plain English" by Dr. Jolie Bookspan as a good add to the list. After reading Shadow Divers, I got more into reading about submarines and would recommend "Under Pressure" by A.J. Hill to anyone else so inclined. Finally, my kids noticed that I was trying to build a scuba library and decided to help. I wonder if I am the only diver with "Scuba Bunnies" in my library...

And no, it isn't about scantily clad women, it is a children's book about scuba diving rabbits.

Thanks for the feedback. I've seen Dr. Bookspan's book on the web, but haven't read it yet. That and the bunnies book are going right onto my shelves!

Haven't checked out Under Pressure yet, but it looks interesting.

For what it's worth, I'm working on a series of similar lists, including specialized lists for Cavern/Cave, Wrecks, U-Boats, Essays/Anthologies, Films on DVD, Dive Training, Diving Medicine, Pirates, Sea Literature and a few others. Keep the suggestions coming and I'll post the link when I've got them ready.

-G

"Down Time" Great Writers on Diving is a fun read. It is a bunch of short stories on diving. Great read on a long plane ride.

GrierHPharmD:
Thanks for the feedback. I've seen Dr. Bookspan's book on the web, but haven't read it yet. That and the bunnies book are going right onto my shelves!

Haven't checked out Under Pressure yet, but it looks interesting.

For what it's worth, I'm working on a series of similar lists, including specialized lists for Cavern/Cave, Wrecks, U-Boats, Essays/Anthologies, Films on DVD, Dive Training, Diving Medicine, Pirates, Sea Literature and a few others. Keep the suggestions coming and I'll post the link when I've got them ready.

-G
Oh, this is just great...... I've got all the dive gear I need for a life time (as if) and was searching for something new to spend money on! :11:

I'm surprised at how many of those I have. Nice list though, and I may order some that I haven't read.

Awesome list! I am currently reading Shadow Diver. It is excellent.
Might have to add a few more from your list to my library (and I thought I was done buying scuba stuff :D )

Mel

Back
Top Bottom