Extended Surface Intervals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just realized that this might prevent our diving time, I certainly hope you're back in the water by then.

Maybe this might help entertain you.....
Reading

Hey Pete,

Sorry to hear about your accident. It must be terrible to be so clumsy :wink:

Hope you get back on your feet (no pun intended) soon, in the meantime, can we call you Hopalong?

L_Y and Net Doc,

First of all, sorry to hear about your foot NetDoc. Time to buy a scooter!!

I've got the new Weinke book. Geez, I better go back to school to figure this one out! You've got to be a biophysicist to make heads or tails out of it.

There are bits of very interesting and important info in the book. Most of it is (in my opinion) very technical and full of some pretty in-depth computations.

If either of you want to look at my copy before plunking down the 50.00 or so, let me know and I'll UPS is to you.

Jack

DD,

My head ain't wired right for most of that stuff :D. I like the application stuff and the relatively "basic" theory behind it. After about a dozen times, things start to make a bit of sense.

Pete,

All of Vance Harlow's books from Air Speed Press are great! Good one, Stone :thumb:!

Mike

Pete, Tough break- (sorry, it was too easy -and I bet you haven't heard that comment yet- at least not more than 750 times!!). :)

Seriously, I know how much I hate extended SIs-and a CAD in NJ has too many of them. I guess you'll have to spend more time off your feet, and at your computer keeping the rest of us in line with your wit and wisdom.
Here's hoping for a quick,and complete recovery, with only a minimum amount of enforced "dry time".
Good luck,
Mike

Too funny! There are probably a couple more that I should go back and edit... the one about "Have you broken anything", which was really about equipment, and the biggest bloopers one. Ah well, I guess I needed some humility this weekend. Just sorry that I am missing my ITC.

And thanks for all of the well wishes from everyone. Anyone know a good toe truck?

Pete,
Hope you have a swift, complete and painless healing. My last argument with a tank was only a toenail - but I found out it takes 9 months for the evidence to go away completely.
Good luck.
Rick

Pete,How about some gory details? Perhaps you could prevent another unfortunate from getting a limp.

Thursday 3:30 pm I have a busy, busy night, but right now I need to go pick up my tanks for Friday's class (Instructor Training Course) and also pick up some dinner for the family. My hp PST 120s have been down at the LDS since last Thursday, so I don't even call ahead, I just KNOW that they are ready.

Thursday 3:45 arrive at the LDS and the man in charge (not the manager) is busy with customers. Sounds like a big sale, so I go looking for my tanks... I finally find them fully vented by the Oxygen tank. Find out that their Oxygen has been out from a new helper. THe MIC (man in charge) finally breaks away and says hi. Realises what a pickle I am in, and we decide to fill the tanks with hyper filtered air.

Thursday 5:00 We are finally DONE... I try to have my card checked off for the air fills, and the MIC waves me off and I decline help to get the tanks out(they are always nice there). I have LESS than 30 minutes to grab dinner, get home feed everbody and then take off with daughter in tow for HER meeting. I carry both tanks to the truck put them down and lower the gate. I pick up the first tank with only one hand (as I have done so many times before) and place it on the gate. I miss the gate. The tank however, is a better aim and hits the right pinky toe. My initial thoughts as tank was descending was to keep tank upright and not let it hit the valve. I was stunned for a while in the parking lot as the swelling filled my shoe. I hobbled back to the store for help, and got all that I needed. I drove myself to the ER and hobble in. Nurse makes crack when I say that I can't walk any more... points out that it is a walk in clinic and I will have to go find a wheelchair friendly one instead.

Doctor is cool, nurse is cool, X-Ray technician has obvious connections with the Taliban. She requires that I push my foot completely flat on the plate. Her english is broken (no, I am NOT sure of the nationality) and she is oblivious to my pain. She even pushes down on my foot to show me how she wants it done. I scream in pain, and obviously finally say something in her language (or they speak french there) as she finally tries to stop hurting me. Called IDC instructor to let them know what just happened, and he offers to let me just do the class portion... sure, I am going to drive three hours with my foot in the air.

Two fractures on the pinky toe, with obvious soft tissue damage as well. MRI happened Friday @ noon. Bone doctor "sets" the tip of my pinky toe (which was pointed in another direction). I have another appointment on Monday after he gets the results of the MRI. Comments on how lucky I am that my toenail is OK. Did I miss something here? Not sure that I feel all that lucky.

Saturday... off of pain meds for the time being. Swelling is way down, but there is still some throbbing. Wondering if I can do my triathlon next week or should I hold off... :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom