Females only please - men's speedos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in Australia they are affectionately known as "budgie smugglers" or "lolly bags", and it's pretty much a standard bit of dive gear. But only old dudes and europeans wander around at length in just speedos.

speedos never used to bother me until I moved to the US. Now, when I go back to Europe and see speedos on guys whom are obviously not belong to the water polo or the swim team... makes me look away, to say the least. :)

It is all about what society conceives normal.
FYI: Europeans smile about Americans wearing white sport socks with shorts.

I admit to wearing a speedo when diving simply because I can't stand getting a wedgie under wetsuit. (tough to pick the wedgie w/ a 7 mm wetsuit) Topside, I wear my swim trunks over it and give anyone topside on the boat a fair warning before taking to swim trunks off to put on the wetsuit.

When I was diving in the Dominican Republic, there were some european divers on the trip in speedos. One of them was cruising around in a tshirt tied in a knot at his waist like a half shirt. I glanced at his direction at some point to see one of his balls hanging out of his suit. OMG! It was hilarious. Luckily I got a shot of him on my dive video so that I can point him out to friends when telling the story. lol

I was a national level swimmer growing up so I'm rather used to seeing guys in speedos, but I tend to think they should be left to competitive swimmers! Most male swimmers wouldn't even think of wearing a speedo to the beach or any place other than the pool though.

There's a visual..

I too swam competively n High School and college.. Even in the best shape of my life, I was always conscious of myself in my speedos. I always pulled off my sweats at very last minute. It's definately a european thing. I've seen more my share of old guys in marble bags/banana hammocks that are so worn/faded w/ big guts..

Sadly, from what I've seen it's an inverse relationship between the size of the Speedo and the wearer's comeliness and age. So the older and uglier the wearer, the skimpier the Speedo.

So never seen Daniel Craig or an underwear supermodel in their budgie smugglers on the diveboat.

IMG_0032.jpg

I spotted this guy strolling down the street in South Miami and thought you gals might appreciate the humor of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom