Fin Socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP said he is looking for socks to work with both.

Ideally would like socks that work w full foot and adjustable fins (I've gotten blisters w both, although adjustable fins arent as bad)

Here's what I use for my warm water diving-it might be just what you're needing/wanting........(I kinda back-doored into this btw)........

Bought the purple & 'gold' 'booties' on SB years ago(7 or 8 maybe--can't remember who now) from a lady that has/had a wetsuit company outta Fl--was having a SB 'special' ie 8 bucks?? to SB members and free shipping, actually wound buying 3 pair(one for me, one for my wife & one for my best hs friend who had then recently just gotten into diving....Could get many different color combos so I got them in my favorite team--LSU colors....

Well didn't use them much(had no heel thingy to hold your fin on good etc) but about a year later bought online a pair of thin shortie booties..low & behold they were a little too big-------so---I went to the P&G 'booties' underneath & now the thin(outside) booties fit PERFECTL...Been using them as a pair ever since & absolutely zero problems--actually VERY comfortable in the water.....AND---the outside Evo booties 'cover-up' all the P&G coloring..:(

pics..

IMG_1053005_edited-1.jpg

EVO 2 mm booties:
EVO 2MM Low Cut Dive Boots - Booties & Socks - Exposure Protection

Last edited:
The OP said he is looking for socks to work with both.

Ideally would like socks that work w full foot and adjustable fins (I've gotten blisters w both, although adjustable fins arent as bad)

Indeed, you are correct. And if the OP doesn't understand my original message and would like clarification on why I said what I said, I will happily provide such.

How do you stuff those into a full foot fin?
Tennis shoes are a possibility. The idea of wearing sneakers with full-foot fins dates back at least to 1962, when Lil Borgeson and Jack Speirs' book "Skin and Scuba Diver" appeared with the image below on page 32:
attachment.php

If the foot pockets are spacious enough to accommodate them... Here's another image, this time from Japan, illustrating bootie wearing with full-foots:
attachment.php

As for socks, there are already plenty of good suggestions in this thread. As a snorkeller in the cold waters of the North Sea, I'm a big fan of full-foot fins because they are so comfortable to swim with. One option which I've tried but which has not yet been mentioned are drysocks worn over ordinary socks, lycra or otherwise:
[video=youtube;kbkMtIuMFgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbkMtIuMFgU[/video]
Drysocks seal against the leg, preventing water entry and thus keeping feet dry.

Quick question on the XS Scuba socks. They are listed on amazon as "one size fits most." Any input on whether they fit a men's US 9.5 wide? The reviews are a bit mixed on the one size fits most point. Thanks.

Quick question on the XS Scuba socks. They are listed on amazon as "one size fits most." Any input on whether they fit a men's US 9.5 wide? The reviews are a bit mixed on the one size fits most point. Thanks.

My wife and I both wear them (one size fits most). She's a size 7.5 womens and I wear a size 10 mens shoe (US sizes).

I'm currently rocking 5mm booties with my scuba pro jet sport fins but I hate the length of time it takes the booties to dry on trips and they often end up stinking.

I was contemplating using some 5mm socks instead, now I know these wont be as sturdy for walking on rocks etc but for boat dives would they work ok with open heel fins? Or am I going to have trouble with extra space in the foot pocket and struggle to get the fins tight enough?

I wear a 9 1/2 W and use the XS socks on every dive and have no problems on fit. Last year I forgot to take them on a trip and about 4 days in had blisters on each of my toes.

I wear 11 and no problem with fit.

Back
Top Bottom