Fin Socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suffered from the same thing...and being an instructor it really sucked. I purchased a pair of dive socks from a LDS in Broomfield Colorado and these helped immensely. But with as much diving I do now I would have worn them out in a few months. What I ended up doing was buying mico-fiber socks at the dollar store. They worked great...no more blisters. My foot could slide inside my booty within the fin's foot pocket. I, however, did get a few pair of these socks wear the Chinese dye turned my toe nails blue...freaked out the first time I saw blue toe nails. So I threw those socks away. I also hit a sale for lady's micro-fiber dress socks for 0.75 cents a pair.

So I highly recommend dive socks...since it is Tropical Diving you do not need thick ones. Even the dollar store ones show work for you inside your full foot fins.

BTW...after I finally wore out my booties that I had for 5 years and bought new ones my blister problem went away. So for me it was not the fin but it was the boogie.

The best socks I have found are the Argos variety. I wear them under my boots in my open heel fins, and all by themselves with my full-foot freedive fins. They come in hi and low top and in a couple different thicknesses.

The XS Scuba socks do fit US men's 9.5 wide just fine too. I'll be using them later this week. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom