First Phillipines trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think they are that young, but it's still good info.

oh! well caloy knows all the best brands of adult diapers as well... :rofl3:

How about bugs? I imagine bug juice is a given, right?

things like off lotion are readily available at most pharmacies... even dive shops and local convenience stores... so if they begin to bother (i haven't been "bugged" much in PG but YMMV) it's easy to hie over to the nearest store and grab some

you asked about how much cash for meals in 2 weeks? that's hard...

breakfast can range from P100-P300++ depending where you get it and what you get (i miss el galleon's aussie breakfast...), lunch/ dinner P200-P1000 again depending what you get and where you get it... also how much of it you get (and some spots like tokos and el galleon have great food)...

then there's drinks at The Point Bar... and there you can have a couple beers (about P50 each i think) or go all-out and try to beat Larry's records (it'll send you to the poor house pretty quick... happy, but pretty quick)

then again i wouldn't be comfy carrying around 25,000 pesos in cash (even if a wad of 1,000-peso bills isn't that thick) unless your resort has a safe deposit box or something...

Jag

thats just it, bring cash and deposit it in the hotel's safe (reception). They'll be liable if your money gets lost.

30 pieces of P1,000 or P30K (equivalent to around $700) for 2 people would be just right.

i remember the room in sabang inn had a concrete slab with a steel door and a one kilogram yale lock under the sink. i think that was the safety deposit box.

That was the old hotel. They have since moved to some really nice digs! They are moving up in the world. Gunter and Ralf run a pretty good operation there!

ok. didnt know they moved. place looked the same a few months back. am not dissing the place babyD. just telling it as i saw it. in my opinion, the place provided a good bang for your buck.

am thinking now that that concrete box may have been for locking up the PPD's favorite form of entertainment that looked like this little guy ==>:rofl3:

I just got off the phone with Gunter.....wow!
It seems that they are offering a lot of surface interval activities as well. The new hotel is really something to see. My wife and I will stop by there on the way home in December. They even offer rebreather sets for rent.......wow. Things have changed a lot since we were there last.

Somebody mentioned some wrecks right off the beach. Does that mean there's the possibility of shore diving?

Yes you can shore dive them, they're just beyond the Floating Bar - 5-10 minute swim straight out from Capt'n Gregg's

But as jigo said, usual practice is to take the boat, even though it's only a 3 minute boat ride

Don't forget to tip the boat crew for carrying your tanks!

Back
Top Bottom