Fitting A Miflex Hose On Hollis DC2 1st Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Everyone,

The DC2 was designed using the standard fitting available at the time. At the design phase, MiFlex was not an option, and our best assumption would be that if an aftermarket hose was created that it would be compatible. As a few stated earlier, there are adapters available which will make this configuration work. However, the supplied standard hose and fitting is so far still the best option.

Hope this helps.

Hey just dropping by. Any update on this? I have been wanting this reg myself due to the price. I mention this to the shop I was interested in buying it from and he tried to install one on. Because it was a display model and he wanted to make sure it was safe in some way he went ahead and screw it all the way in. He DID NOT have to use force. The nut chip the bottom end of the recess and it seated in. We applied pressure to it and saw no leak. It seemed to seat in correctly and when we removed the milflex we saw no damage other then that small bottom part of the recess was grind a little away. He used a special wrench which got the milfex on safely and its not a typical car wrench where it will slip and damage the nut.He himself did not recommend using any extension. This was done on the version without the swivel hose which I know why they discontinued it now.

Hey just dropping by. Any update on this? I have been wanting this reg myself due to the price. I mention this to the shop I was interested in buying it from and he tried to install one on. Because it was a display model and he wanted to make sure it was safe in some way he went ahead and screw it all the way in. He DID NOT have to use force. The nut chip the bottom end of the recess and it seated in. We applied pressure to it and saw no leak. It seemed to seat in correctly and when we removed the milflex we saw no damage other then that small bottom part of the recess was grind a little away. He used a special wrench which got the milfex on safely and its not a typical car wrench where it will slip and damage the nut.He himself did not recommend using any extension. This was done on the version without the swivel hose which I know why they discontinued it now.

....any process resulting in generating metal shavings being ground off my nice reg isn't an acceptable solution, in my book. Luckily, having just converted several regs over to MIFLEX, I didn't encounter any such issues (I'm not using any Hollis regs though).

Me neither! They fit very nicely onto all of my Apeks 1st stages without damaging it at all. I know which brand I'll be sticking with in future.

Ellie

....any process resulting in generating metal shavings being ground off my nice reg isn't an acceptable solution, in my book. Luckily, having just converted several regs over to MIFLEX, I didn't encounter any such issues (I'm not using any Hollis regs though).

I have similar issue with DC2 1st stage. I was trying to fit an Oceanic transmitter but clearance between LP and HP port, I have add a spacer. And I found that not all spacer will fit into the HP port because of the recess. I have one of the spacer with me, its diameter is larger than the recess. At the end I am force to use a 6" HP hose to connect to the transmitter. It looks quite stupid. I have called Hollis a few times this week, never got response. At of now, I am not so happen about DC2/Hollis.

Hi Everyone,

The DC2 was designed using the standard fitting available at the time. At the design phase, MiFlex was not an option, and our best assumption would be that if an aftermarket hose was created that it would be compatible. As a few stated earlier, there are adapters available which will make this configuration work. However, the supplied standard hose and fitting is so far still the best option.

Hope this helps.

Do the DC 4 Series have the same issue?

All I can say is Hollis support is really non existance here. I have tred posting in Hollis forum, PM, phone, none was replied. It is a simple issue. If they can fix it, they should let us know the fix. If they cannot fix it, they should let us know they cannot fix it.

I am truely disspointed at this moment. Not only DC2 has issue with tech diving pratice, their 212, supposed top of the line 2nd stage cannot be couple with regular long hose because the propietary swivel fitting. I know I should have done more research before buying this reg, and now I think my only option is to sell it, take a lost, and get something that will not likely to have such simple incompatiblity issues. I don't know what I will be getting, but I know what I won't get in my future.

The designers possibly went to the same school as the people that make backs of cars look like fronts, scissor holes that don't fit your fingers and people that vote governments out because they don't like politicians. File the Miflex nut. It doesn't do anything. Other than hose flutter sometimes in current or scootering the only major standard hose problem I've encountered is when I've hooked a lp hose to a hp port.

I believe the Oceanic Eos also has a problem with non standard hose fitting. Another regulator to be avoided.

Adam

Hi,

I tried fitting a Miflex LP hose to my DC2 and found the same issue. I agree that the first stage being marred by the hose is unacceptable. In the end I made it work by grinding the corners off the nut on the hose, which still left plenty of flat edge to apply a spanner to. Having to do this isn't ideal, but works quite well. The hose is now easy to attach to and remove from the regulator.

If you give this a go, cap the thread and entry to the hose and rinse the end of the hose carefully afterwards so you don't have brass powder heading through your second stage into your lungs.

Cheers,
Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom