flights canceled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I posted this question yesterday it was because I am/was meeting friends from several states in Cozumel and we are all getting different info from our different airlines. I still don't really know what is going on with the ever changing flight info. I have been diving for 32 years and have been fortunate to travel extensively.

32 years -- good stuff :) If you would fill in a bit of your profile that would be excellent.

I just check with American Airlines and my tickets have not been cancelled as of yet which we are scheduled to fly out on Nov 17th. Kathy

I just called my airline again American and YEs all flights have been cancelled until Dec 14. I was going to take my grandson for his first clear water dive and now i cant. I am sure he will be very disappointed. Kathy in texas

Kathy, does this hold true for flights to Cancun? If not, you could always do the flight to Cancun and then ferry over to Coz. I really can't see the airlines totally cutting off the island completely when it's ready for tourists before December - there's got to be a way to get over there - even if it's not a direct flight.

American cancelled our flight for 11/30. You can check out it out at aa.com.

My friends, flying on United, were contacted by United Airlines yestersay saying all flights to Cancun and Cozumel were canceled until Dec. 14th. When they called to reschedule, they were told that was a mistake only Cancun was canceled. Then United called back and said no we were right the first time, all flights canceled until Dec. 14th. United's web site has not yet posted the cancelation.
As of now, Continental is still planning of flights resuming Nov. 4th, but other web sites are posting, that will soon change.
As you can tell, I am still confused.

the flight situation is obviously really bad news for the recovery. how is one going to book accomodations and diving - and pay for it in advance - when it is uncertain that the flights will be happening? december 14th seems ludicrous.

Airlines need to fly full airplanes to be cost effective. If many of the large oceanfront hotels are closed, then there are not enough beds available to justify the flights.
Many of the airlines have combined deals with hotels and resorts, which are also not available for sometime as well.

iscuba2:
My friends, flying on United, were contacted by United Airlines yestersay saying all flights to Cancun and Cozumel were canceled until Dec. 14th. When they called to reschedule, they were told that was a mistake only Cancun was canceled. Then United called back and said no we were right the first time, all flights canceled until Dec. 14th. United's web site has not yet posted the cancelation.
As of now, Continental is still planning of flights resuming Nov. 4th, but other web sites are posting, that will soon change.
As you can tell, I am still confused.

I am on a Dec 3rd flight on UA (rebooked from 11/12). They said last night that the flight is not cancelled. Yet, the flight does not appear on a flight search. The agent said it has zero availability as well. This is really weird on their part. The agents are completely at a loss to what is going on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom