Fundies w/single....one or two regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being that I'm here in TX, I don't plan on doing any dry suit diving any time soon. Hopefully I can get through Tec1 or equivalent before going down that route.

Sorry gypsyjim, I completely understood where are coming from. Mind gets side tracked sometimes lol.

Being that I'm here in TX, I don't plan on doing any dry suit diving any time soon. Hopefully I can get through Tec1 or equivalent before going down that route.

There's plenty of drysuit diving to be had in Texas. Unless you're diving in tropical locations using double AL80's then most instructors will require you to dive dry. You'll figure out that wetsuits are inappropriate for many diving occasions.

Boy did I regret not going dry sooner. Jumping into Lake Travis in late november, 56* waters in a rented 5mil that fit me horribly was NOT my idea of fun. My buddy who was diving dry finished our dive feeling a lot better than I did.

Going dry in the summer may not seem very sensical, last July I dove Travis in a 3mil and did just fine below the thermocline, thanks to the 95* water temps at the top. But for year-round diving enjoyment you can't really beat a drysuit, IMO. Even in Hawaii's "warm, tropical" water I love my drysuit.

Peace,
Greg

I like my drysuit because it keeps the salt off of me when I ocean dive. Just rinse my head off when I get off the boat and I'm not sticky!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom