Galileo Luna vs Uemis Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hm, I do not have any screenshots from the unit underwater, but there are several videos on youtube with close-ups.

Abou the display during the dive, you can see the information displayed here:
During the dive / Functions / uemis ZURICH / Products - uemis - THE UNDERWATER REVOLUTION

When activating the buddy function, the Uemis Buddy list displays all SDA's within the reception range ( 10-12 feet, with up to 6 different units ).Select the buddy name and you will his deco application, the gas mix he/she is currently breathing, the remaining gas time as well as the tank pressure and any warnings, if there are any.
If you send me your private e-mail, I will gladly send you a user manual as a pdf file with detailed pictures as well as all the technical specification.

You can charge the battery either with the USB cable when the unit is connected to your computer or to the travel charger, or you can let the unit recharge itself in sun-light with the solar cell. Battery life at the moment is around 5-7 years or 2000-2500 dives depending on the diving conditions.

Michael

I don't have either, but just looking at the Uemis website it looks much more sophisticated than the Luna. It's like there's a generation difference between the two. My concerns without seeing it in real life would be if the thing is not too big for your wrist, and if there is not too much information and too many numbers on the display and whether you can read the small digits, though both computers are pretty big. Have you had a chance to try these on in a store on your wrist?

Also it looks like the Uemis has no digital compass and if so it's a plus in my mind as I'm skeptical of navigating with digital compass. Just reading the descriptions on the web sites, the Uemis blows the Luna away. I suspect the next generation of computers will use displays like the Uemis.

Also the Luna has a heart rate display which is useless when diving. IMO

Adam

Michael,

any timelines for the promised gauge mode and the dive planner.
I was also told there will be an export function for dive logs from myuemis..

a few things that the galileo already has and the Uemis might deliver...

Thanks.

I am currrently stuck on whihc computer to purcahse; either the Galileo Luna or Uemis. ......... Any help making this decison would be welcome....
Hi,
we are not working yet with Uemis ...... but for the Luna it is VERY similar to the Galileo Sol for which we have an online class.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

The bottom timer and dive planner mode will be released as a free software update within the next few weeks. The full trimix version, for those interested, will come after that also as a free software upgrade.
Here are two more Videos that show the display underwater
YouTube - UEMIS D.dv
YouTube - Uemis Zurich - Shallow and deep dive
The feature to export dive data from your MyUemis portal is under discussion at the moment. I personally like the portal very much but we have heard several comments asking about it. At the moment we focus on the Trimix version, but if there is a demand for it, we will listen.
We do not plan to integrate a compass at them moment.
A nice feature that you might see on the Videos, is that you can use the magnetic switches even with heavy duty dry gloves without a problem.
Oh, before I forget...Where are you located? Maybe one of us can take you out for a dive and you can try it yourself.
Like I said, if someone is interested in the user manual for more infos, just drop me line with your private e-mail.

Thanks
Michael

Thanks everyone for your input. Michael, I can't tell you how many times I was on the web site and did not find the display page you linked to above; man, I have got to pay more attention. I live in Baltimore MD., is there any place around here, (my buddy and I don't mind traveling a couple of hours), where we can go see one in person? Perhaps it is just getting familar with how the computer displays all the information. While I am not a "tech freak", I am not altogether tech illiterate. It is a big purchase which I do not want to have to do make again. Hey my last computer was one of the old console Orca Phoneix models; a big brick to be sure, but easy to read and well organized.
Thanks Again.

One feature I look for in a dive computer is the dive simulator, so you can see exactly what the display will look like when you dive. My Vyper has a very good one.

Adam

The Uemis doesn't have a simulator mode yet, but it does come with a logged demo profile that shows most of the things the display will show you during a dive, including some alarms. In the log you can see the entire dive, including what was visible on the display at any given time during the dive. It worked better for me as a 'what does that look like' demo than the simulator of my Vyper2.

Back
Top Bottom