Galileo Luna vs Uemis Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do not plan to integrate a compass at them moment.

Does that mean the current hardware is capable of compass support? Or would a compass require new hardware...

Will the gauge mode and the dive planner be released in one update or separately?

We had the dive planner and gauge mode at BTS to show our dealers. It will be most likely be offered as two free individual downloads at the same time. Reason for that is that it is easier for us to keep track. Pretty much all software problems can be solved by us over the internet connection.
At the moment we have not discussed a compass feature, but I will forward your question.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks.

My curiousity was triggered by your comment that you do not "plan" to integrate a compass. which sounds that it is possible, but you decided not to implement.

With the Uemis can you only download your dives to the online portal??

If that is the case it seems to be severely limiting, I personally prefer not to have to rely on an internet connection and would prefer a PC based program. I travel with a net book and am often in places with no internet available!

Will Uemis be restricting warranty and sales as per Scubapro's current policy or will you offer a worldwide warranty?? I personally will not buy Scubapro products due to their business practices.

I am currently looking for 2 dive computers for myself and my wife and like the fact that you seem to get so much more bang for your buck from a Uemis in comparison to a suunto or oceanic offering

Uemis is a completely independent company and has no business association with Scubapro or any other dive gear manufacturer.
We will offer you the world wide warrenty and costumer service.

Michael

Thanks Michael. Nice to see a manufacturer prepared to offer a warranty with real value. :cool3:

Any news on a desktop based dive log program?

I think it was mentioned that it's something they're investigating, although I had the impression they were talking more about a data export function rather than complete desktop software.

The way it currently works: you connect your Uemis SDA to your computer, with USB. The computer sees the SDA as an USB device. On this USB device, you start a HTML file (a web page, essentially), which fires up your browser. The browser allows you to upload the data from the SDA to the myUemis website. The brilliant part of this is that this will work on any modern operating system, which of course includes Windows, Linux and MacOS. MyUemis itself has the same options as the SDA build-in logbook, and the data is synchronized in both directions. Changes on one get updated on the other, too. MyUemis is essentially just a bigger and prettier version of the SDA log.

Boring technical guesswork: I'm guessing the easiest way for Uemis to get the raw data out of the SDA is by having the build in webpage export the data in XML or somesuch format. This file could then be opened by pretty much any 3rd party program that knows how to deal with it, or similarly, just provide such an export file by default on the USB. I'm not sure they want to entangle themselves in the mess of making and maintaining software, which would be limited on which systems it runs on, too.

yes, from what I've been told, Uemis is not developing a desktop application, but some web based import/export function around a uemis defined interface... I can only assume that this is via myuemis, thus requireing internet connectivity and not locally..

At the moment we are just very busy with the finalizing of the Trimix versions and as soon as that is done, we will go on to the O2 monitor function for use with CCR. Ernst and Markus are the only 2 guys doing the heavy lifting, and they are doing their best at the moment. The "export data" idea from MyUemis to your desktop is appealing and it was discussed before. However at this moment I can not give any estimates. Usually what I want to do is to ask for as much input from the user to what we can do better or what they want most. Their was a great demand for the Bottom Timer and Dive Planner function. Since that was only a "minor" software upgrade, we could react rather quickly, since part of it was requiered anyway. If their is a great demand for the "export data" function, we will for sure have a closer look at it.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom