Galileo Luna vs Uemis Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does seem that the Uemis is a bit pricey compared with the Galileo Luna. My local LDS quoted me a list of $1,895.00 discounted to $1,800.00. While I love the display, the Luna has a great compass and is more proven in the market place with far more dealers. Personally, and this is just one man's opinion, I think the folks at Uemis should have considered entering the market at a lower price point to garner more of a market share.

I have to agree here on pricing. A better comparison than the Luna is the shearwater predator which is also an OLED dive computer and starts at US$1140 (pricing from Shearwater's website) and is available from US$1075 from a quick google search!

If you really want a UEMIS then best prices are currently from England - try Uemis SDA Dive Computer - From £799.00 - Mike's Dive Store, Chiswick, London which has them for about US$1170 when you take the UK tax off their price. Not sure how much you'd have to pay in import taxes though.

Here's to hoping that UEMIS has a "price correction" in the near future to compete with the shearwater as that is the one I'd prefer but the difference in $$'s = a lot of my start up equipment like a complete BP/W for instance.

To UEMIS - I think your product is great and would love one but $$'s are tight these days for most people.....

Bear in mind that the base price at Mike's is for the SDA without tank transmitter.

Sorry but you need to check again!

918GBP minus 17.5% which is the VAT I do not have to pay as its being exported = 757GBP converted to US$ = US1170 INC transmitter!

Last edited:
Doh! You're right. I failed to do the UKP to US$ conversion. and just triggered on the base price listed on the link.

*mutter* *mutter* The UK and it's colonies should just convert to Euro already *mutter* :D

is there ever a time where you've personally wanted more than 3 gas mixes?

:D

the ZURICH comes loaded with 3 gas Nitrox and i hear the trimix gives you the option of a whole lot more...

I
The Luna has the ability to be upgraded for 3 gas nitrox or for trimix (although I am currently having problems getting the upgrade to load).

I bought my Luna from Lucas Dive Store in Holland for 720 EURO with a free set of Scubapro Twin Jet fin Max's
THAT is a good price.

Back
Top Bottom