gear package deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aLittletank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to the sport and am trying to decide on a BCD & Reg/octo console setup. At this point I dont know a lot about different features but I do know that I want to own my own gear. I am not finding what I want used so I looked at this package deal.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TusaPkg

a little about my diving if that helps.

local diving in lakes at 1500-2500 with the occasional trip to the puget sound. ( cool water dives in 3-6mil wet suits)

recreational diver at depths up to 100 ft

as far as gear- I do want a BCD with an integrated wieght system. I like the idea of using a dive computer. Beyond that I am open to most options at this point.

thank you for any insight you can offer on this package for me

Allen

Give Joe a call over at scuba toys and they will set you up with something great, and will give you a little price break if you tell him sb sent you.

John

Take a hard look at what you want to do for the near future. No sense buying the same equipment twice once.

Yeah, the packages on the site are just ideas. Call them up and they can really customize something for you. I have a lot of respect for the Tusa RS-130 reg. I got a chance to try several regs back to back in a pool once and the RS-130 held its own against some much more expensive regs.

thanks for the replies and information. I will give Joe a call we they are open.

As far as my intentions for diving, well that depends where the USAF sends me next :) right now I am in Spokane Wa so the sites are a bit limited. I do think I will want to take a nitrox class in the future. Beyond that, dive locally to improve myself and the occasionally vacation dive in warm climates

any thoughts on the Dacor Talon BC or the Tusa SCA-343 Air and Dual Nitrox computer?

TIA
Allen

hey...im also new to the sport and i just got my gear. i am lucky to have www.scuba.com right by my backyard. one thing i can advice you on is that it pays to go look online...every possible sight you can go. as an example, i found a package i want from www.leisurepro.com (gray market stuff so it's really cheap but no warranty for obvious reasons). they were selling it for about $650 i believe and so i found a package similar to it with scuba.com for $950. they matched leisurepro dollar for dollar and with that, i got the warranty as well. it really pays to do your homework/research when it comes to equipment. though online is already inexpensive compared to lds's around, always try to negotiate as they won't let any dollar out the door if they can help it. besides that, they are always willing to help. i had a great experience with scuba.com and so i recommend them but i am sure others are great as well! goodluck :D

That's a really good idea to price compare and then ask for the dollar to dollar match. I'll try that.

First, you should decide if you want a jacket BC as opposed to a back-inflate or BP/W, then look at console computers vs. wrist.

You may receive the "warranty", but some shops may not service equipment not purchased FROM them....Ok, they eventually will, but your gear may be at the BOTTOM of the list

Kevin

k4man:
You may receive the "warranty", but some shops may not service equipment not purchased FROM them....Ok, they eventually will, but your gear may be at the BOTTOM of the list

Kevin

Hasn't been an issue thus far with anything I've purchased from Scuba.com In fact the customer service I got in person at their shop (I happened to be in the area) was better than several local shops in my area. I highly reccommend them and don't worry about service issues, they are a top notch shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom