"Good Buddy" or "Dive Natzi" ??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only reason I'm "airing the family laundry here" is to "check" on myself to make sure I'm corect in my viewpoint.. and perhaps find another approach to use my husband might listen to.

DiveMom1, you have my support (see previous posts). Your husband might be a fun diver, but if my partner had such an attitude I would simply forbid the kids from diving with partner and bear the brunt (my personal choice).

Mom1, he is an adult and you are not likely to be able to reason with him. If you want to prove a point to your kids (who are minors) local laws may not allow them to correspond with adults via the internet. Instead, open an SB survey (I know that DCBC has initiated may such surveys - see him for advice). Have a captivating title, keep the question simple and the options brief. I have no doubt that your husband will be "weighed and found wanting."

Sounds like your child may be your new dive buddy (first real dive buddy?). Leave your husband to dive into the wild blue yonder. You can dive safely with your child.

Makes me a little nervous to think of your husband diving alone with your child (!). Not much of an example if dad swims off and leaves a new young diver alone.

DiveMom, first I am sorry we didn't meet in Monterey the other weekend.

Second, here is what I suggest:

1. You take Rescue class (name changes depends on the organization) and perhaps even get your husband to sign for it as well.

2. Take extra life insurance on your husband. (Hey, your kids dad might not be the most responsible person but at least if something happens you and kids will be taken care of.)

3. Get your kids on a track towards Rescue class. If your husband is not taking it and even if he does and doesn't learn at least they will be more comfortable when around of such behavior.

4. Get yourself a pony bottle and regulator and sling it all the time.

I'm not really concerned in "proving him [hubby] wrong" but more than anything else I'd like him to "get it" and take an interest in learning buddy skills. Not sure how to accomplish this though.

I have emailed and asked to meet the LDS owner to discuss his fathers viewpoint and what I see as essential training if I am going to put our oldest boy in the class. [muchless continuing ed I'd planned for other kids] I know he heard the "loud" conversation and dress down I got from his father [who's also one of his instructors] .. as did all of the divers on the grassy knoll that day. I was practally in tears and hopping mad at the same time, so maybe he expects to hear from me.

I'm certianly NOT a dive pro.. but I am a very cautious diver. Infact I'm just overcoming my own issues from being land locked for an extended period. The difference is I know and respect my deficencies and am working very hard to reclaim my skills and sharpness. I have a healthy respect for this activity and fully understand how quickly things can go bad. I just don't know if I'd feel more or less guilty if something happened to him on a dive if A) he was diving solo because I refused to go with him or B) one of us were injured or killed because I "agreed" to dive with him. Neither seems like a good outcome!

Robin.
Is your Husband going to be with us On Thursday for Class??? I would love to have a long heart to Heart talk with him, He is way out of line, and I would NEVER have Signed His Cert if he is that bad!!

And as for that dive Con (Dive Master) Is he from our shop???? I would have A lot to say to him as well, He needs to not be teaching Bubble maker little lone assisting with OW!!!:shakehead: Who is this Moron??

And as for that dive Con (Dive Master) Is he from our shop???? I would have A lot to say to him as well, He needs to not be teaching Bubble maker little lone assisting with OW!!!:shakehead: Who is this Moron??

Internet connection: $39.95
Notebook computer: $599.97

Good SB outcome: priceless.

DiveMom, first I am sorry we didn't meet in Monterey the other weekend.

Second, here is what I suggest:

1. You take Rescue class (name changes depends on the organization) and perhaps even get your husband to sign for it as well.

2. Take extra life insurance on your husband. (Hey, your kids dad might not be the most responsible person but at least if something happens you and kids will be taken care of.)

3. Get your kids on a track towards Rescue class. If your husband is not taking it and even if he does and doesn't learn at least they will be more comfortable when around of such behavior.

4. Get yourself a pony bottle and regulator and sling it all the time.

Hey IZTOC.. I missed you too, besides I could have used the backup with that divecon! LOL Here are my responces:
1. already signed into one for Nov 30th [with hubby] but that may change since it is same LDS
2. I keep meaning to sigh up extra DAN insurance on him.. just haven't. If he's going to go it will either be a car accident [yes, he drives like he dives] or a diving accident.
3. Kids are too new for rescue class.. but have at least read the books and watched the videos for both SSI and PADI rescue classes.
4. I carry a spare air 3cf all the time. and the kids will get one for Chrismas along with training for it. I also "drag along" my old SSS [surface support station] which is my float with a reel and a 20cf tank and 2 regs hung between 15-20 f depending on the dive when with the kids.

Robin.
Is your Husband going to be with us On Thursday for Class??? I would love to have a long heart to Heart talk with him, He is way out of line, and I would NEVER have Signed His Cert if he is that bad!!

Jim... NO WAY!! If he'd been from there I would have had Micheal on the phone in minutes! This shop is in Fairfield.

As for tagging with us.. no. That is why I had wanted us in Monterey! I even asked if he could "tag along" remember? Maybe it's better us being seperate, he makes me NUTS from worry.

He needs a Buddy 101 or learn to give a darn class.

DiveMom, I will be back to Monterey (unless I change my job which is also an option) someday. Perhaps as soon as in December (company Christmas party). So when time comes I will definitely arrive early (or stay late) to do some dives again.

Jim... NO WAY!! If he'd been from there I would have had Micheal on the phone in minutes! This shop is in Fairfield.

As for tagging with us.. no. That is why I had wanted us in Monterey! I even asked if he could "tag along" remember? Maybe it's better us being seperate, he makes me NUTS from worry.

He needs a Buddy 101 or learn to give a darn class.

Ok.... Cool, I thought you would if he was from our shop , gone stright to Rick or Mike, But I just wanted to be sure it was not one of our Guy's/Gal's.

Someone suggested getting your Husband into A rescue class, I saw that you are going into one, Is he going to join the class as well?? I sure hope so for everyones well-being!

Back
Top Bottom