Got to test-dive a Waterproof drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your description makes the suit sound just like my tech instructor's Waterproof dry suit, but I know his is a D10. He said that lining wreaked total havoc with his buoyancy for a while after he got the suit. I really don't think I would like that.

Plus, as you say, back zip is lame. I have a Bare XCS2 Tech, which has the diagonal front zip. I like it a lot. It has never leaked (in 14 months or so). I can get in and out of it with no help at all. And I can take a whiz without even taking the top of the suit off, if I need to. It's crushed neoprene, so it is heavy. And is uncomfortably warm when the surface conditions are hot out.

now go try out a aqua lung (whites) Fusion Bullet !!
I've looked at a Fusion. Hated the hassle of getting into it. It was worse than my old Scubapro neo suit. These days I'm using a Waterproof D7. It has its issues, but it's a lot easier to don and doff.

Starker: true it was a hassle the first few times getting into it, but after a few times you figure out how to roll it down and slide in and roll it back on now I can get into it in less than a minute and set my self up by myself, with the exception of a buddy check on the very back of my neck seal and no bubble to manage while diving as the outer skin compresses

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom