Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My hubby says his boys need a house... And he doesn't like being chafed.
But.... No Japanese slingshots please! Boxcar, don't sweat it man, I have a collection for memories, that I just can't resist taking.We have them in a separate " you will not believe this $*^&!"

Am I strange for wearing a bathing suit under my 7mm wetsuit? How about under a 3mm wetsuit? (OK it was a little bunched under the 7mm, but not too bad. And it was easy to take of the wetsuit in a public on the beach when I was done.)

What do males typically wear next to their wetsuit -- just a supporter? A supporter and a bathing suit? Nothing?

Thanks for any opinions.

I wear Under Armor so I don't end up talking a few octaves higher do to a bathing suit strangling the private parts. :no

Fortunately, this was pointed out to me when I took my Open Water training.

Since the Under Armor is compression fit and a properly fitting wet suit does not have any significant gaps around the private parts I don't bother with a jock strap.

I usually wear bike shorts. I can't find an old style swim suit like I used to wear in the 60s that were basically really short pants with no pockets and that internal mesh for support. That would be ideal, but all the swimsuits I see on the market now cover the entire thigh and some drop below the knees. That is too much stuff to stick inside of a wetsuit.

There is a need for this in the SCUBA market. I don't want a Speedo and I don't want board shorts. Isn't there someone who can create something for us SCUBA divers to wear under our wetsuit? I think you could really make some money on this product if it doesn't cost $40 a pair.

Am I to be the first to admit to wearing Speedos in this thread?

I wear a pair of speedo nuthuggers (not the thong kind) underneath, and then I throw another pair of long speedos (jammers) on over 'em to help with the chafe.

My worst experience was snorkelling through xel-ha on my honeymoon two years ago. Well, that wasn't the bad part. The bad part was chafing so bad that day my dear, dear wife had to apply salve to the areas I couldn't reach. Thank goodness for the whole newlywed thing, she'd just laugh at me now. :)

I suppose there's nothing quite like the priceless looks you get on a public beach when changing out of a wetsuit and reveal your "Saran-Wrap Banana Hammock" underneath.

Personnally, I rock the boxer-briefs or short-style standard swim trunks, depending on the surface interval conditions.

I was in Dumaguete here in the Philippines a couple of months ago and there was a big Russian guy wearing a T-back budgie smuggler, neon green. He was wandering around the resort like that for several days of the week I was there.

Dumaguete? Were you at Atlantis? How are my girls? :D

Sorry you had to put up with the neon green T-back budgie smuggler, some people really know how to ruin a person's vacation. At least he wasn't Canadian. :wink:

Go to Speedo .com and look at the Jammers. They don't bunch up, come to just above the knee and are quick drying. I think they have some on sale for $30.

Jim

I've worn both "board shorts" and running/track shorts under my 7mm and the running shorts are usually more comfortable. They're shorter so I don't have to work to tuck the legs down inside my wet suit, and there's no snap or fastener on the pocket to jam into my leg.

The running shorts dry in about 5 minutes, too.

Back in the dark ages of diving (that would be the 80's for me!) the Dolfin four-panel running shorts were popular, but they're lone gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom