Hearing about Kimber has really shaken me up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbackdiver1:
Any diver that has an accident or mishap I hope the best for them and have a chance to wet again.

By reading and doing research on scubaboard im sure that I will get alot complaints about the following. Its my 2 cents though.

In my position at work I know all about accidents. As project manager I am directly responsible for everything that happens onsite including accidents. Whenever an accident/mis-hap happens its amazing how fast I get all of the factual details....were talking about minutes to an hour at the most I am in the complete know of everything. But with hours - days after that the story has skewed. And what is actually reported is/may be a different then the actual events.

What's irritating in the scuba world is all this "lets not speculate crap". Fact is the longer that the truth is hidden the less actual facts we will hear. Anybody in a senior management position that works within a dangerous environment will probably agree. Most law enforcement, safety personel, insurance personel, managers want to hear the speculation and any tip, lead, pin drop, lie ect cause within lies the truth.

In the end we may suffer the same result. Buy hey it was worth it cause we didn't speculate and hurt somebodys feelings. I know this sound harsh but I/we live in the real world. No body wants to hear the truth, truth hurts, we want hear lies or hear nothing at all cause it makes us feel good.
I'd like to see this pinned to the Accident forum...!!

shellbackdiver1:
Any diver that has an accident or mishap I hope the best for them and have a chance to wet again.

By reading and doing research on scubaboard im sure that I will get alot complaints about the following. Its my 2 cents though.

In my position at work I know all about accidents. As project manager I am directly responsible for everything that happens onsite including accidents. Whenever an accident/mis-hap happens its amazing how fast I get all of the factual details....were talking about minutes to an hour at the most I am in the complete know of everything. But with hours - days after that the story has skewed. And what is actually reported is/may be a different then the actual events.

What's irritating in the scuba world is all this "lets not speculate crap". Fact is the longer that the truth is hidden the less actual facts we will hear. Anybody in a senior management position that works within a dangerous environment will probably agree. Most law enforcement, safety personel, insurance personel, managers want to hear the speculation and any tip, lead, pin drop, lie ect cause within lies the truth.

In the end we may suffer the same result. Buy hey it was worth it cause we didn't speculate and hurt somebodys feelings. I know this sound harsh but I/we live in the real world. No body wants to hear the truth, truth hurts, we want hear lies or hear nothing at all cause it makes us feel good.

This is so very true.

Joel's post here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1915217&postcount=127

mentions:

Kimber suffered a medical emergency while on a dive boat and was evacuated; this is not a dive accident that needs to be analyzed at this time.

(Honestly, this makes me a little more worried about Kimber, but much less worried about scuba diving in general...)

i wish we knew more about her current status. frankly, i'm not particulalry
interested in what happened. i'd like to know how she is.

H2Andy:

Ditto

H2Andy:
Tritto. You go Kimber

As of this writing, she is still comatose.

NetDoc:
As of this writing, she is still comatose.
Let's double up the prayers people. Full recovery Kimber...Full recovery Kimber...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom