Help A Newbie, Please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband:
I have to question this. You really suggest paying to ship lead? I bought my lead used from my LDS for about $1.00 a lb..

Joe

My bad. I was thinking about my local situation. weight is a lot cheaper on the internet and everything is so compact in Holland that finding someone local where you can pick it up is easy..... I think if you buy lead in a store here it's something like 7 Euros per kilo (+/- $4 per lb) and if you buy it on the internet you can get it for about 3-5kg per Euro ( 12-19 cents / lb)

Depends on context. if you had to ship it then you would obviously have to reconsider.

R..

island_diver:
I really want to have my own equipment and have USD$1,500 budget.

You could easily do a top of the line reg like an Atomic B2, a Zeagle BC, octo, Nitrox console with some fins and suit for that kind of budget. Shouldn't really be any need to go with anything that you have to upgrade later.

Back
Top Bottom