Help me plan a crazy day of Bali diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sanur is where most Ops launch from to dive Nusa Penida. There may be a few from further north near Padang Bai but time/distance to Nusa Penida would be increased a bit. Penida is where you'll find Manta Point (for mantas obviously) as well as Crystal Bay (known for Molas) and a load of fun drift dives. Sanur has a good selection of beachfront hotels to choose from at a variety of prices, including a Hyatt if you're looking for more western style accomodation. Blue Season Bali, Crystal Divers and Bali Scuba are the 3 big Ops in town but there are probably 10-15 other small name ops as well. Without knowing your exact preferences, those details should get you some fairly detailed results with a quick google or tripadvisor search.

Hi Sideways, as previously suggested, Sanur is a great base for diving; lots of places to stay to suit all budgets and many, many restaurants, shops and bars, as well as a nice promenade along the beachfront.

Our dive centre is based within the grounds of a small hotel with bar, restaurant and pool, 2 minutes from the beachfront, email me for more details at amanda@d-scubaclub.com or use the link through the webpage (link below)

This is my suggestion for your crazy plan of Bali diving:
Thursday night - ETA Tulamben (1) immediately jump to the liberty for night diving
Friday - (2) Early Morning (06:30) diving at Libery, (3) 09:30 Seraya secret; (4) 12:30 Tulamben Drop-off or Seraya; (5) 15:30 Liberty again or coral garden or Drop-off; then check-out to Padang Bai.
Saturday - (6, 7.,8) 3 dives Nusa Penida (Manta point, crystal bay, BC) and 10 night dive at Blue Lagoon (9)
Sunday - (10, 11, 12) Tepekong, Biaha and Mimpang
Monday morning - SMS your boss you have a problem to go to the office; just relax, enjoy Bali topside - then get last flight from Bali to Singapore
Tuesday morning - go to your office but think about looking for new job !!

this is my suggestion for your crazy plan of bali diving:
Thursday night - eta tulamben (1) immediately jump to the liberty for night diving
friday - (2) early morning (06:30) diving at libery, (3) 09:30 seraya secret; (4) 12:30 tulamben drop-off or seraya; (5) 15:30 liberty again or coral garden or drop-off; then check-out to padang bai.
Saturday - (6, 7.,8) 3 dives nusa penida (manta point, crystal bay, bc) and 10 night dive at blue lagoon (9)
sunday - (10, 11, 12) tepekong, biaha and mimpang
monday morning - sms your boss you have a problem to go to the office; just relax, enjoy bali topside - then get last flight from bali to singapore
tuesday morning - go to your office but think about looking for new job !!

lolllll!!!!

Hi Sideways, as previously suggested, Sanur is a great base for diving; lots of places to stay to suit all budgets and many, many restaurants, shops and bars, as well as a nice promenade along the beachfront.

Our dive centre is based within the grounds of a small hotel with bar, restaurant and pool, 2 minutes from the beachfront, email me for more details at amanda@d-scubaclub.com or use the link through the webpage (link below)

I'll shoot you an email Amanda ...thanks :)

Overdue update..

Had a great time diving tulamben! And didn't end up in a chamber which is a plus haha

After the input here and from some friends Ended up doing a night dive on air, and 4 dives the following day on nitrox to 30meters, 27meters, 20meters, and 12meters. All went according to plan and way better than what was estimated by tables, etc.. Ended with around 50% O2 saturation. Probably could have gone for a 5th dive but was out of time since I needed to fly 24hours later.

Anyway thanks for the help, Tulamben was great, maybe my best dives yet!

A few days for Nusa Penida, see manta and also has a chance to see the sunfish (mola-mola) during October time. You can dive to max 3 dives in a day to both site manta and mola (crystal bay).
There are a lot of place to stay around, if you plan to dive Nusa Penida, much more convenience if you stay in Sanur area, hotel may range from US$ 45 - US$ 70 a nite Puri Gopa, Puri Sindu or Parigata Resort.
Pool and beach hotel area Puri Santrian, Sanur beach hotel, Bali Hyatt, Mercue Sanur all are a beach front hotels.

Dont know with who to dive ? come and dive with us

Bali Marine Sport - Best Scuba Diving Activity in Bali / balimarinediving.blogspot.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom