HOLLIS. Advanced Dive Gear with No Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have you guys seen the new data mask yet???

i have that in my hot little hands but the BPW pics will still have to wait a day or so

Nick Hollis:
Hi Everyone,

In regards to self service, we appreciate the attention to this issue. Happy to share that we have also addressed this but are still exploring all options available.

The convenience of servicing your own gear, especially in the tech community is a big plus. But consider the overall safety of everyone in the water and not just the liability involved.

Convenience is one issue but safety is a point also. I don't care to let anyone else work on my regs and I've seen more regs fail immediately after a dive shop serviced them than any other time. But, my life is never totally dependant on any single reg either.

As for liability, I'm no lawyer, but I think that if you control the servicing, youll be more responsible for it. If you just sell parts, your likely to just be responsible for the quality of the parts.

I've been through the service training of some of the manufacturers and it's a joke. I tend to think that it's a heck of a law suit in the making when some dive shop tech screws up someones reg AND that happens all the time.
Any further suggestions regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For me, it just boils down to the fact that I won't buy products from companies that won't make parts and service information available. There are manufaturers that do, and they are the ones that I'll do business with.

Dive Right In Scuba:
Is that the full face datamask??
theres a full face mask???? ohhhh - gotta see one of those!

nope - this one is just the normal sized data mask

hubby report - he really really liked it... for photographers a huge plus

LOL...ya that ones awesome....they are coming out with a full face mask Hollis version :D I dove the one you have a couple weeks ago, we had it for a week demo...It was awesome....My next toy for sure

i have one suggestion about the data mask.... a thingy (thats a technical term btw) to attach it to a shoulder d-ring somewhere. nothing to stop the owner from creating one themselves i suppose.

just that i would hate to buy one of these and then see it get dropped off the side of the boat or however else people loose a mask

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom