HOLLIS. Advanced Dive Gear with No Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
Convenience is one issue but safety is a point also. I don't care to let anyone else work on my regs and I've seen more regs fail immediately after a dive shop serviced them than any other time. But, my life is never totally dependant on any single reg either.

As for liability, I'm no lawyer, but I think that if you control the servicing, youll be more responsible for it. If you just sell parts, your likely to just be responsible for the quality of the parts.

I've been through the service training of some of the manufacturers and it's a joke. I tend to think that it's a heck of a law suit in the making when some dive shop tech screws up someones reg AND that happens all the time.

For me, it just boils down to the fact that I won't buy products from companies that won't make parts and service information available. There are manufaturers that do, and they are the ones that I'll do business with.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback!

I can see that you are using one of the marketing strategies that makes people more curious about your product though.

Your manufacturer is getting into the business late, but what is technically advanced compared to other manufactures in the market?

For example, BCD?

hoosier:
I can see that you are using one of the marketing strategies that makes people more curious about your product though.

Your manufacturer is getting into the business late, but what is technically advanced compared to other manufactures in the market?

For example, BCD?

Hi Hoosier,

Here is a new product of ours. Let me know what you think...

http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=195190

One difference is that they have a Name like Oceanic behind them, who has been making Scuba Equipment for as loong as there has been scuba equipment Hoosier......Some people are worried that a new line will have kinks and problems coming out because they are a new line, but they have a reputable name with lots of experience and Finance behind them.....Lots of money, lots of experience, and lots of talent= A great full line of new equipment that will be amazing and on my back....

Hoosier, when I get the line in(Novembers soooo far), if you want to just pay shipping, I will send you some stuff to try out and or look at??

Maybe we can talk Nick into sending me some Demo stuff that I can get you guys some writeups on and maybe get some of you to try out at Haigh and write some reviews.....Hoosier you might even be able to meet us out there again and we could finally meet :wink:

hoosier:
Nick,

I have seen your products on your forum, such as BCD and Mask before posting my question.

So, we would like to hear your voice on your product.

What is the difference?

It is just simple question....... :wink:

Hi Hoosier,

In our opinion, the HDM could be considered by many to be "technically advanced" compared to other products in the dive market today.

But this is really just one product that sets us apart from everyone else. To get a better idea of all products in the range, stay tuned. There will be more additions weekly as there is much more to come.

Thanks

Mike, thanks for your head up.

First of all, I don't have any negative intention to the new line and product. I am very glad to see there is another option in the market. :) I am NOT worried at any kinks and problems on the new line at this moment because BP/W isn't an automobile that comes with a lot of electric parts.

Instead, my curiosity starts from the normal customer's viewpoint. How many tech manufactures do we have in the market, for example a BP/W? 7 or 8? Maybe more.

So, if there is the manufacturer that is getting into the business late, I (as a customer) assume that they must do the market research and produce the better or different one in some perspectives. That's what we want to hear.

For example, we have seen DSS's (Tobin's) BP/W and Oxycheq (Patrick's) BP/W on the board. They clearly described what is the difference and better features on their products. Sometimes, they are arguing too much though.. :wink:

Nick, again, there is no hard feeling because I am NOT affiliated with any other manufactures in this industry. Like I said, it is just simple question as a potential customer.

Mike, thanks for your offer. Please let me know when you get the product. I am willing to try the product at Haigh or in Hoosier Land.

Edit) Nick... You are quicker than my post... :wink:
Just 2 bar...

Nick Hollis:
Hi Hoosier,

Here is a new product of ours. Let me know what you think...

http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=195190

Are you planning to offer this with trimix or multigas options? I have worn an Aeris CompuMask and thought it was pretty slick. If the computer supported technical diving, it would be a really neat package. Are you planning on offering any computers with mixed gas capability? Or in the other direction, how about something like the Aeris Manta/Oceanic Geo with gauge mode only for a bottom timer?

Hoyden:
Are you planning to offer this with trimix or multigas options? I have worn an Aeris CompuMask and thought it was pretty slick. If the computer supported technical diving, it would be a really neat package. Are you planning on offering any computers with mixed gas capability? Or in the other direction, how about something like the Aeris Manta/Oceanic Geo with gauge mode only for a bottom timer?

Hi Hoyden,

In regards to the HDM, we are currenly working on different variations of the mask. While this version has the capabilities of a full dive computer with gauge mode, creating a version with multi-gas/trimix will be much more benficial for technical divers. This will be available early next year along with our wrist mounted multi-gas computer.

We are now finishing our digital watch with depth gauge and bottom timer; much like what you have just described. This is to be available by Dema.

Thanks for the suggestions. Hope this helps...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom