How am I suposed to choose a dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2. When you are ready for tec dive then you can decide if you really need a dedicated tec computer!!! Because of the better known tec agency, GUE, could not let you using it during the course!!!!

You say bug, most say feature.

Just like buying a I Phone 6 to use as a mobile phone only. What feature when they are NOT required!
There is better way to spend money on.

I see the actual thrust of my last post went clear over your head...no matter.

No, there's a cheaper way to get sufficient functionality for the basic functions of a rec dive computer. And if the money is an issue, either generally or because paying the few hundred dollars more would really cause you to dive less, then it's not worth it. But I don't care if you're doing single tank rec dives or taking a CCR to 200m+, there's no better dive computer for either application. The U/I, ease of use, battery options, screen, and Shearwater service/support blow away any other rec computer for rec diving.

The tech capabilities are mere icing on the cake (and add to the resale value, should one get out of diving...try to get the same % of your money back from any other dive computer in a secondary market sale, I dare you).

The want for AI is inversely related to the number of dives a diver has.

Says the diver with 24-49 dives.:wink:
The want for AI is inversely related to the number of dives a diver has.

Sorry, I bow to your obvious superior knowledge and experience. Carry on.
Who owns a petrel :wink:

I see the actual thrust of my last post went clear over your head...no matter.

No, there's a cheaper way to get sufficient functionality for the basic functions of a rec dive computer. And if the money is an issue, either generally or because paying the few hundred dollars more would really cause you to dive less, then it's not worth it. But I don't care if you're doing single tank rec dives or taking a CCR to 200m+, there's no better dive computer for either application. The U/I, ease of use, battery options, screen, and Shearwater service/support blow away any other rec computer for rec diving.

The tech capabilities are mere icing on the cake (and add to the resale value, should one get out of diving...try to get the same % of your money back from any other dive computer in a secondary market sale, I dare you).
I must be doing something right over last 18 yrs for NOT using any "up market" or dedicated tec computer for rec or tec dive.
Money is NOT an issue but wasting it on something unnecessary is NOT in my dictionary!!

Sorry, I bow to your obvious superior knowledge and experience. Carry on.

Observing the inverse relationship of dives versus AI interest on this and other forums has nothing to do with number of dives. But it has everything to do with you being an ass.

OK. I can say your statement is incorrect. I have no desire to own a computer that isn't air integrated. I had one, didn't like it, got rid of it. I now own a wireless AI computer that serves my needs quite well. There does that make you feel better? Name calling is a real plus too, especially when trying to prove a point.<sarcasm> I look forward to your thoughtful reply.

Added: I am very glad you have a computer that you really like. But I just can't see where your statement is true. I am sure the petrel is a great computer. It isn't for everybody and I know a lot of people who like their AI, those people include myself and the majority of people I have I have been on the boat with. I am not nor will I ever be a tech diver. Good luck to you and I hope you continue to enjoy your shearwater product. If and when they come out with a AI unit I may have to give it a look. Until then, no thanks.
Observing the inverse relationship of dives versus AI interest on this and other forums has nothing to do with number of dives. But it has everything to do with you being an ass.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom