How do YOU hold your snorkle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernShrinkage:
Are you serious about the law thing :confused: I was told in europe they dont even teach with it not part of a BOW class
Then you where told wrong. Im in Europe, I was told where and how the snorkel should be attached and to use it as much as I can in order to save air.. Not that I use it for anything but entangling it with my inflator hose tho..

Mine has been all over the world, but never made it out of my suitcase. It helps me identify my empty luggage.

TxHockeyGuy:
We're supposed to dive with a snorkel?
Many divers have tried to dive with a snorkel. Most discover immediately after descent that a reg works better.

On a more serious note, I used to be one of the "in the dive bag for when I go snorkeling" crowd, but a guy that spent 5 hours in rough water and spray while lost off of Molokini, Maui says that he would really, really, have loved to have a snorkel to cut down on the amount of spray he breathed in during those 5 hours. On some dives I'll bring a snorkel in my BCD pocket.

frank_delargy:
Like this?
P6130042%20Max%20med%20pappas%20snorkel.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a purge on the pictured snorkel?

I was under the impression that the snorkel was used to salute the all knowing instructor. Be sure to use your right hand on the flexible part and have the mouthpiece facing out.

I use my snorkel religiously, I pray I never need it.

I keep mine in my BCD pocket but its not campact so its always almost falling out. I need a foldable version. I cant stand it on my mask but I know I really want to have it for when I need it. It seems Im always diving in areas with current and rough seas. But yes I really do hate having to carry one too.

After being enlightened as to my errors, I have switched to the re-breather snorkel. Wish I could get a pic of it uploaded. :eyebrow:

FD

I keep it in my dive bag unless I expect to do a lengthy surface swim... even then I rarely take it with me.

Snorkels are one of the few peices of diving equipment that really annoys me, it probably ranks second to putting on my 7mil.

fire_diver:
After being enlightened as to my errors, I have switched to the re-breather snorkel. Wish I could get a pic of it uploaded. :eyebrow:

FD

Here you go,

And let's not forget the "TECH" snorkle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom