How does everyone feel about the NiTek Duo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is there any real advantages on spending $200 for the docking station, is it really worth it?

I bought the docking station used for $100.....would not pay $200 for it....I still keep written logs anyways as my primary source of dive history.

IMHO you would be better off buying a brand new Tusa IQ-700. $389 at Scubatoys,minus 10% if you are in their forum Tusa IQ 700 Wrist Computer Reviews and discounts, Tusa.

The Tusa has a 2 year warranty,the Duo only has one year and it is NOT transferrable.

Some of these computers have had issues (have one myself) personally I would not buy another one used.

Great computer though.

The Tusa has a 2 year warranty,the Duo only has one year and it is NOT transferrable.

Actually the Nitek Duo has a two year warranty - you can read all about the warranty here: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - NiTek Duo Computer

"Dive Rite will—at its sole discretion—repair or replace NiTek Duo components proved to be damaged by faulty manufacture or material, at no cost, for a period of up to two years from the date of purchase."

If you haver any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Ag

Actually the Nitek Duo has a two year warranty - you can read all about the warranty here: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - NiTek Duo Computer

"Dive Rite will—at its sole discretion—repair or replace NiTek Duo components proved to be damaged by faulty manufacture or material, at no cost, for a period of up to two years from the date of purchase."
Best,
Ag

Interesting. Has that changed recently? Could have sworn that it used to be one year.
http://forum.scubatoys.com/computers-gauges/1225-tusa-iq-700-dive-rite-nitek-duo-same-computer.html

I've been happy with mine. I dive it and a Uwatec Tec 2G (which I download) so I have redundancy after having a battery go out on another computer (with the battery life registering 38%) on an extended deco dive..

I have 2 of them & really like them ( because of the gas switch capabilities, they are also perfect for the Adv. Nitrox class I'm in), however they seem to be a bit on the conservative side. I was on a live aboard & was buddied up with a Gent who had a Suunto computer (can't remember which one). He had several conservative factors turned on with his, with what he called the "old fat guy settings", & I had no conservative factors turned on with mine. On our last dive of the week, we were diving a rather deep wreck & I managed to go into 3 min. deco (Oops!:sigh:) while he said he still had 2 min. to go until he got into deco. We were both breathing air all week, so it wasn't a difference in gases.

Unless you were following the exact same profile (side by side the whole dive) that is quite possible. Also, different computers use varying algorithms for decompression.

Back
Top Bottom