how old is your C Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a paper NAUI card in 1969 when more places started requiring the use of c-cards to get air fills. This caused a lot of heated discussion in the diving community from the mid-60's on - I just asked the guy I was diving with in St. Thomas for a card so I could get air anywhere.

God, I thought I was old, but you all are a bunch of old farts!
I got my NOAA dive certification in 1985 and a recreational dive card from NAUI in 1987.
Thanks everyone for making me feel sooooo young!!

Naui 1982 openwater....only female in the class, horse collar bc-no auto inflator, j valve, depth guage, dive watch and swam my butt off, don off/don on...Macho diving...Dive log? Don't think I had one back then... Just loved the equipment evolution... :wink:
Loretta

NASDS '74
Tom Keene in Laconia NH was my instructor.

I'm still only a newbie compared to some folk here, got my OW card in November '99!

Ah well I gotta start somewhere I suppose!

:D

Mine is NAUI Basic, June, 1978.

2003, hardly worth mentioning in this thread :)

NAUI 03/75 Underwater Sports Seattle, Wa. May west BC (No auto inflate except CO2 cartridge)BC J-valve, no SPG, no Bottom Timer, just a capulary depth guage and unbalanced regulator. Just dive by the seat of your pants. I must admit I do appreciate the advances in equipment. Much longer bottom times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom