how old is your C Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50:
How many of us still have our 1st c card ? Who has the oldest and by what agency ? I still have my green paper 1968 C Card from YMCA and a 1969 white paper card from NAUI .................

1973 from the Princeton NJ YMCA

My PADI Advanced is dated 04/26/81

I don't know what happened to my OW card but I got that in '78.

My original cards from NAUI, SSI, and NASDS (1970) were lost. I replaced the NAUI one in 1973 and it came with THAT year date instead of the original year. The other cards have not been replaced and SSI gave me such a hassle about it, I don't plan to.

Yah, '68 Y card, it's worn down to the size of a postage stamp but my name is still visible.
All the people in the class had been diving for quite a while; it was the first time a cert course had been offered in the area. Even the dive shop owner was in the class. We never bothered to do any open water dives. :wink:
Our "standard drill" consisted of turning off other people's air, mask snatching, etc. Did it on my double hose Nemrod Snark III.

H2Andy:
nice to see so many "old timers"

i have a very new PADI card, September, 2001 (my first)

(i got it before 9-11. needless to say, 9-11 pretty much ruined any joy i
had in getting the card...it was a bad couple of months)

PADI Open Water - June 2004 here (hey, at least I'm not the newest of the newbies).

Andy, you think you had you joy ruined by 9/11? My wife and I were married on 9/11/99. Happy Anniversary!

dang, no kidding... my birthday is 9-14 so... sort of a double whammy

Oh well, at least I won't ever get in trouble for not remembering our anniversary.

Dove without card until 1978 then got NAUI, card fell apart, got another in 85, that fell apart, another in 2002. I have no number, just instructor name

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom