Is $145 normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis:
Empty V, just for your info the surface water temps right now are running in the low 80's. I heard a trip report from yesterday on the "O" that stated water temps on the flight deck (137 fsw) were 77* with viz at 100 feet or better. Here is the local sea forecast from NOAA:...

Wow, that's amazing! I can't wait for these dives! Has the jellyfish invasion subsided? I'm bringing my 3mm full suit just because of that. Normally out here when it hits 72* I shed my wetsuit and dive with just my boardshorts and rashguard. Is it possible to sweat underwater?

Thanks for the update on the conditions. One more question: Do the boats go out rain or shine? I sure as hell hope so.

Billy

It depends on the sea state and storm conditions. If it is just rain and no lightning then I do believe they go out. If the seas are bad most will not risk it.

$120 for 4 dives, breakfast AND lunch?? I'm there! Wait a minute, cold water, shrinkage!!!:11:

Empty V:
Wow, that's amazing! I can't wait for these dives! Has the jellyfish invasion subsided? I'm bringing my 3mm full suit just because of that. Normally out here when it hits 72* I shed my wetsuit and dive with just my boardshorts and rashguard. Is it possible to sweat underwater?

I dove on a very shallow pier rubble reef on Thursday and the water temps were 81* and I wore my 3mm suit and felt just fine. I quess it depends on indiviual preference. At the beach I dove at they were flying purple flags (for jellyfish activity) but during my 75 minute dive at 17fsw I only saw about 6 jellies. I talked to a diver that went out yesterday (7-22-07) about 16 miles out and said that she did see some jellies but nothing major. If I were you bring the 3mm, drink a little extra water, and just keep a little eye out for the jellies. I hope you have a great trip out to the "O." Make sure to post a trip report on what you thought afterwards.

ehh board shorts and a rash guard will be plenty

panhandvr:

The jellies that have been around are the ones with the long ***** tentacles. Makes it a little harder to get around them.

panhandvr:

True, the water temps are great but not for the jellies. Then again I like to have a little thermal protection for the thermocline on deeper sites. but like I said its all ones personal preference on what they like and how they like to dive.

I dive trunks only in this temperature water. Thursday, on the dive wjefferis refferenced, I wore a 1/2mm to keep the jellies off me.

Dunno what kinda jellies are prevellant in SoCal, but the stinging nettles here have tentacles that can reach 5-6' and be quite hard to see. While not life threatening, they are painfull and annoying as all hell.

wjefferis:
I hope you have a great trip out to the "O." Make sure to post a trip report on what you thought afterwards.

Here you go my friend pics and all. I had an incredible time with as close to perfect conditions imaginable. I gotta say though, it felt really good to get back into our 70 degree water out here yesterday.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=196234

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom